fiftythree.

"Hey, dad." She called out, hearing him send off the rest of the family with a laugh and a wave. He entered the kitchen, where Justin and Elizabeth were washing the dishes. "There's a football game this Friday, if you want to come?"

He almost gasped in delight. "I would love to. I'll meet you at the school after work." He kissed his daughter on the head and patted Justin's shoulder, before climbing the stairs to his bedroom. Leaving the couple in the kitchen.

"I might quit cheer." She stated. Justin dropped the sponge into the foamy water, reaching for the towel to dry his hands. He chuckled, assuming it was a joke. But as he turned to her, her face completely deadpanned, he knew she was serious.

"You're seriously thinking about quitting?"

"Yeah, I mean, revision for finals is taking up so much of my time, I can barely muster up the energy for cheer." She explained, placing the final dish into the cupboard. "And I'm not going to take it anywhere, I'm following biology into college." Justin led her to the island, sitting her down onto the stool before looking into her eyes, as if he were searching for at least a bit of reason not to quit.

"You," he spoke quietly. "Are the smartest woman I know, you aren't only smart academically, you're life smart. And I know it's a lot; cheer and revision and having to find time to be the perfect girlfriend and daughter." She chuckled at his response, continuing the loving gaze. "But you are perfect. And you aren't doing anything you aren't capable of. You know how proud your dad is, and how proud I am. If you want to quit, I'm not stopping you, but you, mi vida, are incredibly smart and capable."

"Thank you, I don't know what I was thinking, I think I just needed some encouragement." She replied, leaving the kitchen with him and heading upstairs.

Friday had arrived quicker than expected, Elizabeth had to be at school early, as did Justin. They had practice before classes began. And as soon as the final bell rang, they'd be changing and getting ready for the game.

"Are you nervous? I'm nervous, all I'm doing is jumping around." She spoke, sliding on her shirt. Justin has just gotten out of the shower, looking at his watch. 6.50am.

"You're a flyer, El. That isn't exactly jumping around." He replied. "I didn't mean for that to spook you even more, but you'll do great. You're my cheerleader, remember?" She smiled and pulled her socks on as well as her sneakers. "And yes, I'm nervous too."

Sheri: I'm at school, practice is in the gym. Good luck today, flyer!

Oh, God. I'm so nervous. See you there.

"Sheri is already at school." Elizabeth called out. "Let's get going." She grabbed her school bag, her bag with her neatly folded uniform, and her phone. "I'm buying lunch today." Justin followed her, now dressed in record time, getting into her car.

"You'll do great. Once you've done practice, you'll be completely okay." He calmed her, opening his car door as she parked near the double doors. She followed him through the corridors and into the gym. "I love you." He pressed a kiss to her head before jogging out to the field. She met with Sheri, who was stretching.

"You seem really stressed, are you okay?" She questioned. Elizabeth just nodded, lifting her leg up and stretching it out into a deep lunge.

"I think it's the panic of finals too, it's all weighing on top of me. I just don't want to fail." She admitted, looking over to Sheri.

"You'll be okay, you're a flyer for a reason."

Classes passed quicker than Elizabeth could even comprehend. She was getting piles of revision notes and stuffing it all into her locker, the bell ringing for the end of the day. She grabbed her uniform bag, closing her locker, and making her way to the locker rooms. She caught Justin, who was at his own locker.

"Hey angel, are the nerves gone?" He asked, walking alongside her with his gym bag on his shoulder. She grabbed his hand and let out a breath, nodding.

"Sheri really helped me this morning, again, I think I just needed a little motivation." She answered. They walked out to the locker rooms, stopping outside of the girls door. He turned to face her, connecting their lips for a quick kiss. "My whole family is going to be there, they're leaving in a few days. So dad invited them all."

"Stay calm, angel. They're supporting you."

"And you." She mumbled, kissing him once more before entering the locker rooms and getting into her cheer uniform. As the locker room was right before the bleachers, she could hear the rumbling of feet as they found seats. And she could hear the cheers of the families. She found Sheri, practicing the routine very vaguely before forming a line outside the door.