four.

Elizabeth arrived home, parking her car in her driveway. Her dad's beautiful Mercedes, parked in front of her car, shining like brand new, meaning her dad was home. She entered through the door, her dad on the couch watching the sport channel.

"Mija, you're home, how was your first day?" He asked, turning the TV off and greeting her with a hug. She admired and cherished their close bond with her father, it had been just the two of them for a while. "Did you make any friends?"

"Yeah, a few. But I have some homework to do, well, it's mainly reading." She explained, travelling upstairs and into her room. Her house was fairly large, her dad had a nice car and business, which she tended not to get involved with. She never understood what her dad does, but she never asked. Sitting down at her desk, she pulled out her Biology book and began taking notes. Her phone forgotten, resting on the bed behind her.

Only a few minutes of peace, and her phone was buzzing like crazy. A text coming through every minute, aggravating Elizabeth more and more every time. She huffed and retrieved her phone, seeing the array of notifications.

You have been added to the group 'Liberty's finest'

Zach: Hey, Elizabeth. Don't be alarmed by the name, I think Monty or someone came up with it. It's just the coolest people at Liberty, really.

Monty: You should be honoured, new girl.

I have a name

Monty: I wasn't really paying attention to you.

But you were when I was reading out my number? You're a fan

Bryce: Damn, Elizabeth.

Zach: Monty, leave her alone. If I see ONE disrespectful comment about her, I will remove you. That goes for everyone.

Thank you, Zach. But I'm not scared of a few boys.

She was forgetting about her homework, so she threw her phone back onto her bed and continued. She promised herself she wasn't going to fall behind, especially on her last two important years.

Whilst Elizabeth was doing homework, Justin was reading the chat between her and the boys. There was something he couldn't quite put his finger on. Was he intimidated by her and her confidence, her fearlessness towards the biggest monsters of the school? Was he jealous that she was giving all of her attention to Zach? Why was he feeling like this? The only thing she's ever said to him has been 'I know'. She was most definitely sarcastic, but the funniest people always are. He smiled to himself, reading her responses. Making him feel bad, why was he thinking so much about this girl, he had a girlfriend. Sighing in frustration, he decided to text Zach privately.

Justin: Can I have the new girls number?

Zach: For God's sake, J. She has a name!

Justin: Whatever. Can I?

Zach: Why?

Justin: PLEASE.

Zach: Fine.

Now that he had her number saved, he was debating whether to text her or not. He had opened up her contact, clicking the message button, but his thumbs wouldn't move to type. He needed a reason, or it would look strange to be randomly texting her with no point to a conversation. He sighed and let his phone fall onto his chest, pillow over his face, hoping sleep would take him away.