twenty.

Elizabeth spent her day with Alex, up until lunch, when he'd disappeared to look for his friends. She had made her way over to Zach's table, sitting beside him. She tried her hardest not to look at Justin opposite her, who was also trying his hardest. They informed Zach on their plan, making sure he didn't accidentally rat them out. They'd been texting all day though, checking in on each other, as they couldn't do it in person.

There was a joke going around the table, that they were all laughing at, Elizabeth laughing along to feel included. Monty was insulting everyone on the table, his only insult to Elizabeth was calling her a slut, which they all giggled about.

"It's funny you say that, because every time I see you, you're making sex jokes at every girl you pass." She remarked. "And I'm the slut." The table laughed, Elizabeth laughing too at the joyful reaction she got from the table. But her laughter had halted when she felt a hand on her thigh, dangerously high. She looked down, following the arm up to Bryce, who was sat beside her. She cowered away, leaning into Zach.

Justin noticed Bryce's hand, rage clouding his features. It was like he'd seen red, and gone completely angry. He launched at Bryce, tackling him to the floor. Throwing a few punches to his face. Monty has come to Bryce's rescue, attempting to pull Justin off. But Zach had stopped him. Luckily, none of the the other boys had intervened.

"I told you to stay away from her." Justin shouted, throwing another punch to his face. Bryce was pushing him off, and they were wrestling on the floor. A crowd had gathered around them, chanting and recording the fight with their phones. "I told you to not fucking touch her or speak to her, and you didn't fucking listen."

Elizabeth went to pull Justin off, but he was completely gone, not listening to a word she was yelling to him. Jess, the supportive girlfriend of Justin's, was nowhere to be seen. They'd stood up, still lunging punches at each other. Elizabeth's attempt to hold Justin's fist had backfired, as she had gotten between the boys and his hand had connected with her lip. His firm punch had sent her to the floor, the crown 'ooh'ing. She clutched her lip in pain, spots of blood falling to the cafeteria floor. Her vision was hazy, she felt so much pain, she didn't know where she was bleeding.

"Fuck, El. Are you okay?" He asked, crouching beside her. She sat up, as Justin tried wiping the blood away with his jacket. But it was still pouring from her face like an open wound. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hit you."

"I'm fine. It's not your fault, I got in the way," she reasoned. A booming voice had echoed above her.

"Mr. Foley, Mr. Walker, and Miss. Reyes, would you care to join me in my office?" It was Principal Bolan. Justin helped her up, wrapping his arm around her to support her as they followed him to his office. Bryce was trailing behind them, catching up to Justin.

"Don't fuck with me, kid." He whispered into Justin's ear. "I'll ruin you."

"And I'd do it all over again, you fucking asshole." He threatened back, sitting down opposite Principal Bolan.

"What happened out there, Miss Reyes?" He asked. Both boys stared at her, wondering what she was about to say. She felt scared, if Bryce could ruin one of his friends, what would he do to her if she told him what really happened?

"I'm not sure, sir. I think they had a disagreement and as I tried to break it up, I got in the way." She explained. It was truthful, but very vague.

"Miss. Reyes, you can go to the nurse." The principal instructed. "I will speak to these two about the incident." She bowed her head and got up from her chair, Justing grabbing her hand as she left. Despite her mouth pain, she blushed and left the office.