thirtyone.

A month had passed, and life was great. Her dad was home and they were closer than ever after the passing of her aunt, and she'd even spent a few days at work with him. There were always assistant jobs opening up, but she didn't want it. She had school to focus on for now. Justin and her were exclusive, but her dad still had no idea. She was worried; as he is fiercely protective of her.

She had driven to school, parked, and met with Monty outside of school. As he was the only one she'd seen so far. They walked in, and all over again, eyes were on them. She felt their stares, as they quickly looked towards their friends to whisper about them. It made her feel uncomfortable; what scandal had she been a part of now? Saying her goodbye's to Monty, she approached Clay, who had given her the same look.

"Is it true?" He asked, closing his locker and walking a few steps down to her own. As she opened it, a million possible thoughts had rushed through her mind. Was what true? Did this have something to do with Justin? "I've heard around that you slept with Monty the night of your party."

"What the fuck." She slammed her locker, leaning her back against it. "Who's said that?" Last time a scandal had erupted, Jess was behind it. But Jess said she was happy for her and Justin, why would she do this? Was it Monty trying to look cool and say he got in with the new girl? "No, it's not true. I spent the night running round taking care of everyone."

"I believe you. That was the night you and Justin went official, why would people think you went for Monty?" She shrugged at Clay's response, walking over to Communications. Zach was already sat down, scrolling through his phone, quickly locking it as he noticed she sat down.

"No it's not fucking true." She stated, already knowing Zach's question.

"I wasn't going to ask," he mentioned. "But I know. I heard it from Jess, who told the entirety of junior year." She winced at Zach's knowledge, Jess fucking did this. After preaching how happy she was for her and Justin, she'd done this once again. This past month, she'd been a butt kiss. So that Elizabeth would expect it to be her.

"Which means Justin has heard. Do you think he believes her?" She asked, watching as he had walked in. A glare on his face, he looked as if he was finished crying.

"I assume so." Zach mumbled under his breath, opening his notebook. As the class went on, she could barely focus on her work, she kept looking over to Justin, who sat opposite her. He kept his head down, a distraught look on his face.

As he raised his hand for the bathroom, she followed suit and walked out with him. Watching as he walked down the halls. "Justin!" He didn't move, he didn't turn to face her, not a single response from him.

"Justin, do you seriously believed Jessica?" He had then turned round, his eyes dangerously close to dropping the tears they held. A small nod and he bowed his head. "How could you even think that?"

He took a deep breath to suppress his shaky voice. "How could I not? You spent a lot of that night with him. You helped him in the bathroom and took him to bed, who knows what could've happened." She couldn't believe the lies coming out of his mouth.

"He was blacked out drunk, and he threw up everywhere. I was being a good friend and let him sleep in the guest room. Why would I try anything on with him when I have a boyfriend?" She explained. He didn't look in the least sorry for thinking the way he did. "So if the same logic applies, you must think I've slept with Zach, Charlie, the whole group of people that stayed the night?"

"I can't do this anymore, El." He croaked, turning back around. "I can't be with you."

That hurt. It stung her heart, it felt like a pile of bricks had fallen on top of her. But she didn't say anything more, she just let him walk off.