twentyseven.

"El, what's up?" Justin mouthed, sitting beside her as she listened to her father with a look of sadness on her face. "Talk to me." She ignored Justin, focusing on her dad's words through the phone.

"I'm staying up here a while longer, for the funeral and to watch over the kids, but I love you mija." Her dad reminded her. Tears slid down her cheeks, quickly wiping them away.

"I love you too, Dad."

She ended the call, placing her phone onto her bedside table and standing up. Justin grabbed a hold of her hand, pulling her between his legs and sitting her down on his thigh. "Tell me what happened."

"My aunt died. My dad and my whole family were looking after her, and she passed last night. My dad is staying a while longer to deal with the funeral and the cousins. I rarely spoke to my tia, but when I did, it was nice. I think missing my dad so much has worsened it." She explained, feeling Justin rub her knee sympathetically.

"Oh, El." He whispered, pulling her into a hug. His fingers raked through her soft hair, soothing her as she cried. "I'm here for whatever you need, do you want to call the party off?" She shook her head profusely, standing up.

"I need the party." She stated. "I just don't need any assholes ruining my buzz." He sighed, smoothing her hair with his palms, watching as she looked up at him. "I really like you, Justin." His heart felt like it was performing a gymnastics routine whenever she said that, he wanted to hear her say it whenever she could.

"I really like you too, El. So much." He replied, kissing her head. She walked over to her desk, crouching to find her Spanish assignment and picked it up. She spent all of her time alone earlier making and doodling on an envelope, making it perfect for her recipient. She walked over to him, hiding it behind her back.

"I have something for you." She spoke. "And you need to be seated." He sat on the edge of her bed, holding his hands out with his eyes closed. She placed the small paper envelope in his hands, seeing his reaction go from worried to ecstatic.

"Is this," he looked up at her. "your Spanish assignment?" As she nodded, he shook his head and grinned at the floor below him. "I can't believe it's for me."

"Read it then."

He opened the folded paper, his eyes scanning over the foreign words, not understanding a bit of it. He had shared a look with her, confused but grateful. "I don't know what it says." She huffed and sat beside him, snatching the paper and beginning to read it.

'Justin Foley,

I am writing this letter to you for two reasons:

1: it's my assignment to do so
2: i have some things to say

I have been in school for two weeks now, and I have never felt so welcomed by a group of people. Everyone has been so sweet and caring for me, driving me to to school, taking me home when I was ill, comforting me after my nightmares, and even going as far as to climb to my window to check if I was okay. But most of all; Justin, you have shown me the most compassion, kindness, humour and light, you are everything I would expect from a friend, a partner, a man. You have been so patient with me and extremely caring with my past, my fears, my traumas. In the span of two weeks, you've become one of my best friends and someone I trust more than anyone. Ever. I hope everyone can find a Justin Foley, but not you exactly. You're mine, all mine.

Signed,

Elizabeth Reyes.'

"Oh my fucking God, El." He whimpered. "I really mean that much to you?" She nodded, watching a tear fall from his eye. His face was flushed red, sobs escaping his lips. She almost choked on her own breath trying to keep her tears in, but failed. "Nobody has ever said anything like that to me. I don't care how short the time we've spent together is, I really do like you, El."

"I like you too, too much to hide it from everyone."

"Then let's not hide it." He spoke quietly, pressing a short kiss to her lips. "I want the whole fucking world to know that I managed to score you."

"I feel the same, J."