twentyeight.

It was the night of the party and Elizabeth was ready to get wasted. Zach and Justin were putting food out and setting up the drinks table, and Elizabeth was trying to get the speaker to work. Finally, she had successfully connected her computer and cheered. "Is everything ready?" She asked. Both boys nodded, Zach stealing a chip from a bowl and giggling.

Justin had joined Elizabeth in the living room, placing his hands on her hips. "I am the luckiest boy in the world," he mumbled against her forehead, before pressing a kiss to it. "And I think I'm really falling for you." She looked up at him, watching as his mouth curved into a smile.

"I know I'm falling for you."

The party was in full swing, everyone had arrived with drinks and other necessities, so the snack table was completely filled. Elizabeth was making the route around the house, seeing Jess with a few girls. Deciding to approach them, she took a quick sip of her liquid confidence and greeted them. "Hey, how are you guys enjoying the party?"

"Hi, I'm Sheri!" A girl cheered. "You must be Elizabeth." She nodded and embraced her. Most girls were extremely friendly with alcohol. As she spoke to Sheri, she turned to Jess who looked very eager to say something.

"Elizabeth, I've been meaning to talk to you." Jess spoke. Elizabeth knew it would be rude and completely unlike her to walk away, so she decided to hear her out. "Can we go somewhere quieter?" Elizabeth nodded and grabbed Jess' hand, taking her to her room. They both sat on her bay window area and chatted.

"I've been wanting to apologise for a few days now, I blamed you for me and Justin, I've been such a horrible friend. And I'm so sorry." She explained. "I don't expect you to forgive me, I've just been through so much with Justin, and I keep thinking he is going to run back to me again. But he's not, and I've accepted that." Elizabeth smiled at the genuine apology, bringing her into a hug.

"I would never come between a relationship, even before I knew you, I said to myself that it's wrong." Elizabeth was shouting, as the music was loud all over the house. "And if you ever need to vent about him or some other boy, you know where to find me." Jess giggled as they clinked their cups together and left the room. She had gone downstairs, her cup empty and wanting to refill it. Walking outside she spotted Justin, sitting on a bench and talking to some football players.

"Hey baby," he called out. "Come over here." Elizabeth approached them, sitting on his lap. She watched as he laughed and joked with the guys, before standing up to find a drink. He had grabbed her hand, following her inside. Pouring straight vodka into her cup, she turned to Justin and smiled at him. "I saw you with Jess, what happened?"

She shook her head and laughed. "She wanted to apologise, and I forgave her." She took a sip of her drink, the liquid burning her tongue as it slid down her throat. "And I said she could always come to me to gossip." He chuckled, placing both hands on her cheeks.

"You, Elizabeth Reyes, are an angel." He shouted. "Forgiving someone who spread a rumour about you, leaked innocent pictures of you and flipped the context, who embarrassed you in front of the whole cafeteria? I could never." She laughed with him and leaned up to kiss him. As their lips departed, she saw Monty had fallen to the floor and his face had gone awfully pale.

"I'm going to help Monty, enjoy the party baby." She shouted back to Justin, handing her cup to him. She had run over to him, pulling his arms up and leading him to her bathroom, locking the door. He leaned over the toilet and hurled, Elizabeth wincing at the sound. She took off his jacket, throwing it into the hamper beside the shower.

"Thank you," he groaned quietly, his voice echoing from the toilet bowl. "Why are you being so nice to me?" He asked, leaning his back against the toilet and looking up at her. She quickly texting Justin to bring a cup of water up to the bathroom, shoving her phone into her pocket.

"Because," she replied casually, sitting beside him. "Everyone deserves help. And you're a friend." She smiled at him, grabbing some tissue to wipe his mouth. There was a knock at the door, she had quickly unlocked it and took the water. "Drink this." She handed the cup to Monty, watching him sip it and sigh in relief.

"How're you doing, buddy?" Justin asked, leaning against the door frame. Monty looked up in defeat, Justin laughing at his silent response. "Like I said, El, angel." She rolled her eyes and closed the door again, returning to her seat beside him.

"Even after I threw you into the pool, despite your fear, you're still helping me?" He questioned in disbelief.

"Everyone deserves help, Monty."