fortysix.

It was finally Christmas break. And she would be spending this Christmas with her father and Justin, her sort of, but not official, boyfriend. The two were in the car on the way to Rosie's diner from school, as it was their final day. "You know this is my first Christmas in California?"

"That sucks, are you missing the snowy winters of New York?" Justin questioned, opening his car door to get out. Elizabeth followed suit and walked alongside him into the diner, Justin rushing to his favourite booth in the corner. She shook her head, laughing at his childish antics.

"It rarely snowed in Valencia, so I'm used to the sunny Christmas's." She mentioned, scanning the menu with her eyes. There were an assortment of shakes, burgers, fries, she almost couldn't choose. "New York was my first time seeing snow during Christmas. Snow is so magical, every time I wake up and see snow, I feel like I'm in a dream."

"That's adorable." Justin cooed, raising his hand to signal the waiter who approached them. "I'll have the curly fries, a cheeseburger, and a chocolate milkshake." The smile on his face was as bright as the warm LA sun, even at 6pm.

"I'll just have some fries and a vanilla milkshake." Elizabeth spoke sweetly, watching as the waiter walked away. "So, are you excited for Christmas? Putting the tree up, Christmas classics, gifts, my dads amazing Christmas breakfast?" Her smile was almost as bright as his.

"Your dad has done so much for me, a home is all I need for Christmas." Justin replied honestly, placing his hand over hers.

"Don't be silly, of course my dad is going to get you some gifts. And I will too." She smiled, gripping his hand tightly and matching his grin.

They arrived home from the diner to her dad, Spanish music playing all through the house, cooking dinner. "Ay! You're home!" Her dad called, greeting both Elizabeth and Justin with a hug. "Why aren't you excited Nochebuena is so soon."

"Papa, Nochebuena isn't for another four days. We still need to shop and put the tree up." She explained, grabbing Justin's hand and taking him to their room. She sat on her bed and kicked her shoes off, Justin pretty much undressing down to his boxers.

"I'm so tired." He groaned. "Also, what's Nochebuena?" He pulled the duvet up and slid himself in. Elizabeth stood up and slowly took off her shirt, facing the opposite way, and sliding a more comfortable shirt on to replace it. She had done the same thing with some shorts, joining him in bed. He turned to face her, still waiting on her response.

"Nochebuena is Christmas Eve, a lot of people have different traditions. We don't really follow Spanish tradition too much, as we're in America. But on Christmas Eve, we have a beautiful meal, watch movies, and open a gift." Elizabeth explained. Justin raised his hand up to her face, tucking hairs behind her ear before rubbing her cheekbone with his thumb.

It had only taken a few minutes and she was out cold. Chuckling to himself, he turned the lights off and attempted to fall asleep himself.