thirtyseven.

Justin had gone to practice, meeting with Zach and Charlie in the locker rooms. He needed to devise his own plan to ask Elizabeth to the winter formal. He didn't want to do this as a show, he wanted it to be real.

"Why can't you just hand her some roses at lunch and ask her?" Charlie asked. Both Justin and Zach shook their heads in denial.

"Very bland." Zach added. "Oh wait, I have an idea." He looked up at Justin, the pair exchanging weird glances for a few seconds.

"Say it then."

"She comes into school, all the jocks handing her roses and leading her up to her locker, her favourite song playing, and you ask her." Zach explained, looking up into the air, dreamily, picturing it in his head.

"So my idea, but with music." Charlie stated. "What about at the game this weekend?" Justin raised his eyebrows, considering the idea. But how? "We can talk to Bolan about doing it during half time, the cheerleaders holding a banner saying 'winter formal?'. And then she says yes, and blah blah blah."

"That's actually a good idea, but a lot of hard work." Zach mentioned.

"Worth it."

Justin had left Zach and Charlie to talk to Bolan during last session, giving him time to buy a bouquet of roses and talk to Sheri.

Justin: Sheri, I need your help.

Sheri: Of course. What's up?

Justin: Meet me at Monet's after school.

He sat through last session, tapping his foot nervously as he waited for confirmation. Zach said he would text Justin the answer. And they'd been talking with Bolan for a while now. Finally, as the bell rang, his phone buzzed.

Zach: He said yes.

Silently cheering to himself, he left the classroom and immediately made his way to Monet's. As he thought over his cup of coffee, Sheri had walked in and spotted him. "What's the urgency?"

"I need you to help me ask El to the winter formal." He stated. "We're doing it during half time of the game this Friday, and Bolan said yes, I need the cheerleaders to hold a banner saying 'winter formal?'." Justin explained, watching Sheri's face go from excited to unimpressed.

"El is the biggest godsend to grace Liberty, and you're doing that, did Zach come up with that?" She asked, folding her arms.

"Charlie did."

"Of course you boys did, 'winter formal?' is so basic. Leave the banner to us, just make sure you have a microphone of some sort, so she can hear you." Sheri spike. "See you Friday, and I'd move fast, Friday is tomorrow." Justin's eyes widened, collecting his things and leaving, finding the nearest flower store.

"Thanks for the ride, Zach." She called out, waving to him as she entered her house. Her dad wasn't home yet, so she'd gone upstairs to relax in bed. Changing into sweatpants, the fluffiest socks, and one of Justin's sweatshirts.

Diving into bed, the duvet was warm and comforting, inviting her to sleep. The minute her head hit the pillow, she had fallen asleep. Not hearing the constant buzzing of her phone, or even her dad arriving home.

Justin: El
Justin: ???
Justin: Where are you?
Justin: Elizabeth?
Justin: Angel?