sixtyseven.

It was Friday afternoon, Elizabeth's dad and Sofia had just left, promising to be back next weekend. She had her dress and shoes chosen, and Sofia had helped her choose a hairstyle.

But now that they were gone, it meant Justin and Elizabeth could set things up for the party. They could've had it on Saturday, giving them a whole day to put it all together, but they chose Friday. They'd spent the previous few hours at school, telling everyone senior about the party. And now they had a few hours to say goodbye to the adults and set up the party.

"Hey, I have a question." Justin spoke, exiting the kitchen with chip bags in his hands. He approached the coffee table and poured each bag into a bowl. "You were born in New York, right?" Elizabeth nodded at his question, immediately turning her head back to the speaker. "So why did you move back to Spain?"

Elizabeth sighed. Her childhood was definitely complicated, and was confusing for her to wrap her head around, let alone anyone else. "My parents moved from Valencia to New York for work, and eventually had me. They decided to be closer to family, so they'd moved back when I was born. And ever since my mom died, my dad wanted to stay in America because of how much my mom loved it here. I know it's harder than just moving from one country to another but he never let me know any of the hard parts."

"Well, I'm glad you're here." He spoke, approaching her with his arms open. She gladly accepted the hug and placed her chin on his shoulder, with a bit of a stretch. As they departed, she chose a playlist and had opened the door to her house, as well as the backyard door.

"Justin, you don't need to be sober for tonight. We're home, no driving is necessary. And I don't need protection, Bryce probably won't be here." She explained, her hands finding his cheekbones. "Just relax and have fun tonight." He nodded but he knew he wouldn't be drinking. It didn't matter if Bryce was here or not. He had Monty, and his other boys to do work for him. And no matter how confident Elizabeth was in saying that she didn't need protection, he'd rather be safe than sorry. And he didn't need alcohol to have fun, as long as he was with her.

People started to arrive, placing gifts onto the table beside the stairs. Which was meant to be for alcohol, but everyone who brought drinks ended up keeping them all on the island in the kitchen. Elizabeth waited by the door for her friends, thanking them for the gifts and inviting them in. Justin watched from a distance, as more people entered and hugged Elizabeth, laughing with her and finding an excuse to touch her arm or play with her hair. Of course she turned down every advance, moved her arm away from wandering hands. She was only for him.

"Zach! You're here, with company." Elizabeth cheered, seeing Jess, Diego, Chloe, Bryce, Monty, and Sheri. She welcomed them all, everyone had handed her the gifts and gotten into the party. She staggered over to the table and placed them all down. Justin was sipping on a solo cup, which only he knew was Cola, and smiling happily at his girlfriend.

"Having fun?" He asked, his arm around her waist. She nodded and kissed his cheek before pulling him into the living room. Everyone was dancing and laughing together, which made Elizabeth all the more happier, as people were having fun at her party.

Hours passed, the party was still wide awake and more crowded than ever. Justin was pouring some more cola, glancing at the Jack Daniel's bottle beside him. Fuck it. He decided to let loose. Nobody had bothered them the entire night. He kept his eye on Bryce, who wasn't even with Chloe, he was just laughing with his friends. Chloe, however, was with the other girls. Justin drank more and more and stuck by Elizabeth's side.

She was partying beside Monty, Justin, Sheri, and Zach. Everyone had been drinking, and Monty's hand slipped down past her waist. Elizabeth felt like she was the only one who caught on, and couldn't fight a football player, but luckily Justin noticed. He slammed Monty against the wall beside them, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt. Sheri had taken Elizabeth away, so she didn't have to see what was about to happen. But Elizabeth stuck around, refusing Sheri's attempts to pull her away.

"I don't care how much of a friend you are to me, or Elizabeth. But if you do so much as touch her again, I will fucking kill you." Justin seethed, letting Monty go and grabbing Elizabeth's hand. She finally followed him as he walked into the kitchen, pouring himself another drink. She put the bottle and cup down, pulling his face down to kiss him.

"You're so hot." She whispered. "Let's go upstairs." He couldn't object, as she was leading him up the stairs. Not that he was complaining. They'd been together for almost a year and a half and hadn't had sex. Sure, they both wanted to. But Justin knew she was scared. And he waited for her, even if it was years later. But now it was happening.