twentythree.

What the fuck was the 'surprise'? She wasn't worried until Monty had lifted her, throwing her over his shoulder and carrying her out. She shot Justin a scared look as he chased after him. "Monty, what are you doing?"

"She's the ultimate loser, it's fun." He reasoned, stepping outside. Her heart was racing, as he edged closer and closer to the pool. Justin was trying to keep him away, but nothing worked, Monty was adamant on what he was doing.

"Monty, don't, she's afr-" that was all she heard until she plunged into the water below, opening her eyes to see heads watching over and she could hear muffled laughter. As she rose back up to the surface, her lungs felt like they were collapsing, her fear, trauma, and her utter fear in this very moment had joined. She clung to the edge of the pool, Justin pulling her out and wrapping the closest towel around her.

"Monty, you fucking idiot, she's afraid of open water." Justin shouted, shoving Monty, who laughed and held his hands up. Elizabeth has sobered up entirely after that large scare, still clutching her chest to catch her breath. "You're okay, come on, we'll go home." She could barely move. Her whole body was shaking, it was like the air had been sucked out of her. He lifted her, not worrying about his own clothes getting soaked, carrying her to the car and strapping her in.

He'd rolled down the windows, driving home slowly as she regained her breathing pattern. And when he arrived back at her house, she'd fallen asleep curled up by the window. He almost didn't want to wake her. He slowly carried her out of the car, struggling to both lock the car and unlock the door, finally carrying her upstairs and to her bedroom. "El, honey, you're gonna have to get yourself dressed."

"Justin, stay." She whimpered, sitting on the edge of her bed. He quickly helped her up, not wanting her to soak her bed too.

"I will, I promise." He whispered. He opened her drawers, finding some shorts and a shirt to give her. She was sat in the bay window area, sleeping against the wall. He giggled quietly, "El, come on. Get dressed."

"You do it."

"I can't, it's indecent."

"Come on, it's fine." She whispered. "I trust you."

His heart warmed when she said she trusted him. After only two weeks, and they meant so much to each other. He took her sneakers off, as well as her socks, throwing them to the side. He slowly lifted her dress, focusing on putting her shorts and shirt on. He lifted her into bed, tucking her in before sitting at her bay window, watching the sky get darker, the city lights illuminating the skyline. It was beautiful. But the best sight was her. Her bright eyes, her cheesy smile, her giggles; every time he looked at her, he was more and more sure of everything.

He stretched his legs, walking over to the door to leave, and sleep on the couch. Until Elizabeth had called out, a small, croaky, "hey." She sat up, looking out for him. She could barely see him through the darkness. "Please stay, with me." He gave in, how could he not? He sat beside her in bed, until, she reached for the lamp for the smallest bit of light. She wanted to see his gorgeous face. His caring eyes cast upon hers, both with small smiles on their face.

"Join me, I know we are both in need of a cuddle." She yawned, holding her arms out. He accepted, kicking off his shoes and pulling his hoodie off, leaving him in sweatpants and a shirt. Her arms wrapped around him, her head against his. "This is nice."

"I agree." He hummed quietly, massaging her back gently. "Let's get some rest now, chica bella." She opened her eyes, looking up at him.

"You learnt that?" She questioned, sitting up.

"I wanted to learn an important phrase for someone who understands it." He admitted, sitting up beside her. The lamp was still on, creating the dim light that lit up half of their faces. She felt a wave of feelings hit her, acting on her impulses and kissing him. To her luck, he kissed back, pulling away after a few seconds.

"I really like you, Foley." She whispered. "I don't care if it's too soon."

"I really like you too, but for the sake of us both, we need to go slow." He replied, grabbing her hand. "How about, next weekend, we go on a nice date?" She smiled and nodded, squeezing his hand. Pulling her down and into his arms, he sighed happily.

"Let's get some rest."