fiftysix.

The weekend had approached, Elizabeth had collected Ani from her home, and they were on their way. When they'd gone shopping for Winter Formal, they'd seen a few prom worthy dresses. Jess had calmed down on her vengeance for Elizabeth, and since her and Alex had been closer, Justin and Elizabeth no longer had a target on their heads.

"I was thinking, we could all get our nails and hair done before prom?" Elizabeth suggested, grabbing her purse from the seat behind her before exiting the car. "Obviously after finals." Ani nodded and held the store door open for them both.

"Who's 'all'?" Ani questioned, knocking her elbow into Elizabeth's. The pair were greeted and led to a different room with dresses on a pole either side of the room. Various colours, lengths, styles. They were told to wait for the dressing rooms to vacate before they began.

"You, me, Jess, Chloe, Sheri."

"Sounds fun, are you sure you're okay with Jess being there?" Elizabeth nodded, seeing the last group of people leaving the dressing room. This gave the two the all clear go find dresses. Elizabeth had approached the rack of dresses, holding her arm out to collect a bunch of dresses.

"Of course, since she's been with Alex I haven't been targeted much." Elizabeth explained. "I get told my forgiveness is a strength and a weakness." As they walked over to their dressing rooms, they closed their doors. There was a small wall between them, so they could only hear each other.

"Her and Alex are old news, but she's gotten over it. I think she's more focused on herself now. I see Alex with Charlie a lot." And mentioned. Elizabeth looked at herself in the mirror, the white wrapped dress over her figure. Something Bella Hadid had worn once, she was sure of it. Alex and Charlie? Elizabeth shrugged and took the dress off, making her decision on the white dress.

She exited the dressing room, placing the dress back into its clear cover and waiting for Ani, who exited moments later with a royal blue dress. They squealed as they went to pay.

Justin was already finished shopping, saying his farewells to Zach, Alex and Charlie before taking his suit to his car. A black shirt, black trousers, and a white blazer. As he twisted the key, he decided to stop for some food, texting Elizabeth on his whereabouts.

Justin: I'm grabbing food, want anything?

Please tell me you're going to Chipotle.

Justin: I can.

Burrito, please. I'll text you details.

Justin: I think I've been with you long enough to  know your chipotle order.
Thank you :)

Elizabeth had arrived home, quickly running to the guest room to hide her dress. She couldn't put it into her closet, as both her and Justin walked in there everyday. So she hid it. Luckily, when it was bought, the clear cover was replaced with a black one, but she didn't want Justin to feel tempted to look at it. Finals began next week, and no matter how much preparation, she felt unready.

She'd completely most flash cards for most subjects, just needing to brush up on them on the days of the finals. With this spare time on her hands, she got to work. She was at her desk for hours, noting down phrases on the small coloured cards, clipping them together. She hadn't even heard Justin walk in and call her name. She jumped when his hands landed on her shoulders.

"You need rest, we have a big week ahead of us." Justin stated, taking the pen from her grasp and helping her up. "Get a shower, get dressed, and I want you in that bed in straight after. You need to rest. Staying up all night studying isn't helping." Elizabeth nodded, letting out a breath she didn't even know she was holding, and entered the bathroom. Justin hid his tux in the back of the closet, behind Elizabeth's thick coats and jackets. Which she had no reason to touch as it was constant summer with a small bit of rain in LA.

"Where's my burrito?" She questioned, poking her head out of the bathroom. He could hear the shower running behind her.

"On your desk, it's warm and you can have it after you shower." She nodded once again and closed the bathroom door, leaving Justin to watch TV whilst in bed.