fortytwo.

"This is so much fun!" Elizabeth cheered, swinging her arms around with Justin and Monty. The friends group was passing round flasks of alcohol, Elizabeth having more than anyone, and it was beginning to show. Justin, however, hadn't had a single drop. As he was driving her home. But he was still enjoying himself.

"El, maybe it's time we take you home?" Justin asked, placing his hand around her waist. She fell into his chest, his arms instinctively wrapping around her. After saying their goodbye's, he slowly walked her out, mainly carrying most of her weight. And strapping her into the car. "Ready to go, El?"

She nodded, placing her elbow onto the central console and leaning her head into her hand. Justin drove slowly, hoping she didn't throw up on her way home. The drive was filled with her mumbling Spanish phrases that Justin just hummed along to. And as if on cue, he had arrived outside of her house. With all the patience in the world, he had carried her from the car to the porch and knocked on the door. "She's had a little bit to drink, so I drove her home."

"Adolescentes." Her father laughed, letting him in. "Just take her to her room." Justin nodded, carrying her upstairs. He placed her onto her bed, watching as she scrambled to sit up whilst drowning in her dress. He had opened a few drawers, finding some loungewear, and handing it to her.

Pressing a kiss to her forehead, he left. "Goodnight, El."

"Goodnight, Justin. Thank you for the wonderful night." She slurred quietly. He exhaled with a smile on his face, closing her door and walking back downstairs. As he began to open the door, he heard her dad object.

"What does your mother think of you getting home so late?" He inquired, leaving the kitchen with a glass of water in his hand. "You can stay here if it gets you out of trouble."

Justin paused and pursed his lips together to refrain from smiling. Elizabeth always talked up about her dad, and she could sense a lot of similarities with them both. "My mom doesn't care, her boyfriend isn't the biggest fan of me either." Her dad had guided him to the couch, them both sitting as the TV played a random sitcom quietly in the background.

"What do you mean he's not a big fan of you?" He questioned.

"He's abusive, not only to my mom but to me. Elizabeth was actually the first one to help me when we fought, she called me over and cleaned me up." Justin explained. "She's helped me a lot really, with not only my home situation, but she's tutored me in Spanish, she helped a lot with my last relationship." Justin found himself smiling like an idiot over those fond moments with her.

Her dad chuckled. "That's my ninã. Always there to help, even when people don't need it." They both looked at each other, Justin nodding in agreement. "But you will always have a home here. If you ever need to get out, no matter what time of day, you come straight here."

"Thank you, sir."

"Call me Victor." He replied. "The guest room is upstairs, beside Elizabeth's room. Stay as long as you'd like." Justin smiled and held his hand out, but her father had embraced him instead. "You're a good kid, very good for Elizabeth. She speaks so highly of you."

"Goodnight, Justin." Justin had walked upstairs, quickly entering Elizabeth's room to open the drawer and find his clothes, placing a kiss to her head and placing her dress neatly on the bay window area, and entering the guest room.

He smiled at the thought of Elizabeth gushing about him to her father. And he never knew he meant so much to her. But he was glad he found a home here.