fiftyfive.

Elizabeth sat at her desk in defeat, school felt twice as longer today. Luckily, Spanish was the final session, meaning she could be a bit more laid back. She'd been endlessly scribbling notes into her notebook and highlighting phrases in her textbook, hoping she didn't miss even an ounce of information.

"Hey, El." Alex huffed, sitting beside her. "Do you have any free time after class?" She looked up from her text book and smiled at him, nodding.

"Yeah, of course, what's up?" She questioned. He had taken his stationery from his bag, as well as his books, and positioned it over his desk.

"I'm struggling with Spanish, I know you helped Zach get an A," he mentioned. "If you don't want to, that's fine." She shook her head profusely, pulling her phone out. She didn't have any after school activities, and Justin had work, so she was in no rush to get home.

"I'd love to help, I'm still tutoring Zach, and I think Monty wanted to tag along. So I guess I can form a small study group." She stated, smiling sweetly. "I'll text a few others, and see if they need help." He nodded and paid attention to the board ahead of him.

"Okay," Elizabeth spoke. "Clay and Ani are on their way, Justin's at work, anyone else?" She asked, Zach, Alex, and Monty surrounded her. "Let's get to work." And as she was making her way around the table to help everyone with their work, Justin had finished his shift and headed home.

He met Elizabeth's dad, sat in the kitchen with his work surrounding him. Justin had taken his shoes off, entering the kitchen with a cheerful greeting. "Justin, sit." Nerves has arose, Justin sitting down with his hands merely shaking. Her dad looked up from his computer, his fingers finally still from typing so furiously.

"I like your sense of protection with Elizabeth, I'm glad she feels safe around you." He started. "But I don't want you fighting. I know pendejos like him can be infuriating, but don't let them get to you." Justin nodded, admiring how understanding Victor was being. "Elizabeth's mother was the caring one, but ever since she died, I've grown closer to Elizabeth. No matter what mistakes she makes, I don't think I could ever get angry at her. All I do is support her. And I do the same for you."

"Thank you." Justin spoke quietly, standing up whilst trying to hide the smile on his face. "That means a lot." Justin had gotten to the fridge, making himself a beverage whilst Victor continued to type. "So what exactly does your job include? You seem very busy most days."

Victor chuckled and looked up at Justin. "I've been busy recently, my company is opening a new location in Colombia, and I'm working my nalgas of to get that finalised." He explained. "I can explain it to you, if you'd like. I'm on the finance side of the company."

"Sure." Justin spoke, sitting beside him.

Elizabeth had just arrived home, seeing Justin and her dad at the island laughing together. Weird sight. She had entered the kitchen, lightly embracing them both before sitting opposite them. "What're you guys doing?"

"I was helping your dad do his work, I've been his second pair of hands." Justin responded, putting the pen down. "Why're you back so late?" Justin had stood up and stretched his limbs, completely forgetting he was still in his Monet's uniform.

"I had a study group." She replied, rubbing her eyes and joining him by the door frame of the kitchen. He snaked his arms under hers and brought her into a warm hug. Hugging her felt like coming home from a rainy walk, and finally drying off and getting into the warmth of the bed sheets. The lights low, the rain pattering against the window, not a part of your body untouched by the blanket. It was blissful, and addictive.

"Oh, dad." She spoke up from Justin's chest. Her dad hummed, not taking his eyes from the screen. "This weekend I'm going prom dress shopping with Ani. Finals are so close, which means prom is so close." He nodded, Elizabeth and Justin making their way up the steps.

"That reminds me," Justin spoke, grabbing her hand gently. "I need to buy myself a tuxedo, and work on my moves." Elizabeth giggled and closed her eyes, her cheek pressed against his chest.

"You're so silly." She hummed quietly. "I wouldn't trade you for anyone else."

"I'm glad." Justin replied into her hair, pressing kisses down her face.