eight.

She arrived at school, heading straight to her locker for her text books. She arrived later to shave off time walking around the hallways, giving her the time to be stared at. Her bag felt lighter already, holding the text book for her next class. As she shut the locker, she jumped as she saw a face behind the door.

"I'm so sorry for scaring you." She spoke, her hands on Elizabeth's shoulders. They both giggled together. "I'm Jess." Her smile turned into a shocked gasp. Did she find out about last night? Elizabeth felt pale, as if she were going to throw up. Her third day at school and she's kissed another girls boyfriend. Well, he kissed her. But it could get messed up. "You've gone pale, did I really scare you?"

"No," Elizabeth chuckled, taking a breath away from her thoughts. "I'm just feeling a little bit sick, I'm Elizabeth." As they embraced, they heard wolf whistles from behind them.

"You guys need a third?" Monty shouted, thrusting the air as his boys laughed. Elizabeth rolled her eyes and walked the hallway with Jessica.

"I always leave the house feeling like I made the right choice with my outfits, and when I get to school, it feels completely wrong." Elizabeth mentioned.

"God, I fucking hate the jocks." She added. "But I came to say hey, I know you've been sitting with Monty and Bryce and their friends. And if you ever feel uncomfortable, you'll find me somewhere."

"Thank you, Jess. That's really kind." She smiled. The nicer Jess was, the worse Elizabeth felt. She felt like she was just repeatedly stabbing her in the back. Abruptly leaving Jess, she found her way to Communications with Zach. He was sitting at a table, a spare seat beside him.

"Hey, Beth." He smiled. Elizabeth had taken her things from her bag and waited for the students to pile in. "Are you okay?" He has noticed her pale face, her guilty look, and it all worsened when Justin had walked in. She felt the need to throw up, like it was about to come out.

"Woah, El. You don't look so good." Justin warned, leaning over the table with his hand out. He was making it worse, she stood up and left the classroom to locate the nearest bathroom. The closest thing was the double doors leading out to the parking lot. She ran to the bin outside, feeling so much better after throwing up. She huffed and sank into the steps, claiming her breathing.

"Beth, are you okay?" She heard. It was Zach, he sat beside her and placed his hand on her shoulder. She nodded, closing her eyes and put her head in her hands.

"I did something bad." She whimpered. He looked up, his eyebrows furrowed as he watched her guilty face change to a scared one. "Please promise to not tell anyone, you're the only person I trust."

"Of course, I won't say anything."

"Yesterday, Justin told me to meet him and we ended up going to the park. He was talking about his issues with Jess, and I helped him through it." She explained, trying not to cry. She didn't react well with guilt. You could tell immediately if she was hiding something. "And when I drove him home, he kissed me. This morning, Jess started being so nice and I felt so guilty. I don't know what to do."

"Leave it with me, I'll talk to Justin and tell him to keep it quiet. And you both need to talk about what happened, are you in any classes with him?" He asked. She nodded, remembering she is supposed to help him with his Spanish homework. "Talk to him, make sure Jess doesn't find out."

"Thank you, Zach."

"Anytime, Beth."