thirtyfour.

"Has it been a month already?" Elizabeth questioned, walking with Ani to her locker. They both had English class, and arrived early to miss out on Justin and Jess' love fest. They'd practically fuck in the hallway between each class. It was now the start of November, a month since they'd broken up. "I still can't believe he didn't trust me enough."

"Forget him, he's such a loser." Ani grunted, slamming her locker and walking alongside Elizabeth as they found their English class.

"I know." Elizabeth hadn't gotten over him, despite the large amount of time apart. She'd catch eyes with him, the glare still there, but a 'look at how great I'm doing without you' expression. It pissed her off. Sometimes she wished she had done more than just punch Jess, possibly a few hits to Justin for being such an asshole.

Justin watched as Elizabeth passed him, it was the last session of the day and he was with Jessica once again. Every time he watched her walk past, it hurt him, how someone so sweet and gentle like Elizabeth could do something like that. With Monty, of all people.

"I'm so glad you're mine." Jessica whispered to him, kisses trailing down his neck. "I said I'd do whatever it takes to get you, and I did." There were evil connotations to that sentence, that Justin has taken a few seconds to figure out. He pulled away, looking down at her deceitful eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"There was no way I was going to get you if I hadn't gotten Elizabeth out of the picture." She admitted. His hands were shaking. His heart dropped. Did he really throw away Elizabeth for Jess, over a stupid fucking rumour that he stupidly fucking believed? He laughed in complete disbelief of the situation, backing away from Jess. "Justin, where are you going?"

"To get my girlfriend back."

Elizabeth huffed and sat on her bed, waiting for her dad to arrive home. They didn't eat dinner until he'd gotten home and cooked, as he enjoyed doing so. Her mom left a recipe book of their favourite recipes that she would cook all the time. And every once in a while, mainly on special occasions, he would pull the book out and find something. But recently he had been cooking from it nearly every night.

Her phone was buzzing, she ignored it and passed it off as Clay asking for Biology homework again. But it continued. She finally picked it up to see Justin's messages. Why on God's green earth was he messaging her?

Justin: I fucked up.
Justin: So bad.
Justin: I just found out about Jess and how she lied about everything.
Justin: Please talk to me.

It's not even about the rumour anymore.

Justin: What is it about?

You didn't trust me enough to know I wouldn't do that. I told you that I didn't do it, and yet you still believed Jess. Who you've had consistent trust issues with.

Justin: I'm sorry.

She ignored his message and continued on with her homework, but there was an inner agitation. She needed to get it off her chest, about what she should do. If it were up to her, she would run straight to Justin's house and ask him to be hers again. But that was her hurt talking. She needed advice.

"Hey, Clay." She spoke, sitting at her desk. She'd FaceTimed him on her laptop as she continued doing homework. "I need some help." He looked up at the screen, putting his pen down and smiling.

"What seems to be the issue, Elizabeth?"

"Justin just found out Jess has been lying, and-" Clay cut her off with his raised brows and shocked look on his face.

"How did that happen?" He questioned, becoming more invested in their conversation than his homework. "Did he talk to you about it?"

"He messaged me saying he fucked up, and that he found out Jess had been lying, so I explained that I was hurt he didn't even trust me. He didn't even ask me, he just assumed the worst of me. And he said he was sorry." She explained. "What do I do?"

Clay paused. "I think that you should talk to him, maybe meet him and both of you talk about everything. If, in that moment, you really want to be with him, go for it. If you don't or are unsure, don't."

"Thanks, Clay."