seventythree.

It was time for school, and Elizabeth had just left in her car. After spending the night at Clay's, which was the most fun she'd had in a while, she'd gotten up early and left to go to school.

Justin's locker was at the other end of the corridor from hers, and he hadn't arrived at school yet. Or he'd be leaning on it until the bell rang. Her eyes continuously darted over to his locker, hoping he would appear. But he didn't.

She didn't even know if she wanted to talk with him. After his reaction yesterday, she was still embarrassed and quite upset. She understood that having a child at 18 comes with many pros and cons. But it would be an experience for the both of them. She walked around school with this massive secret, but it made her smile. It was a secret she'd created with someone she loved the most. And she didn't want to get rid of it.

She'd received a few more messages from Justin, all which she ignored.

Justin: We need to talk.
Justin: Elizabeth?
Justin: It's important.

His vague texts only aggravated her, and she shoved her phone into her pocket for the rest of the day. She planned on going back to Clay's after school, and staying there for another night. She was still throwing up, her head was aching, she was a wreck. Seeing Justin would intensify that, and that was the last thing she needed.

Carrying her books to communications, she sat at the table and once again; forgot that Justin was sat opposite her for this class. All was well, she was giggling with Zach and taking notes. And Justin had entered, he was late.

"Sorry I'm late," he mumbled, following a clear path to his seat and slumped into it. He looked up at Elizabeth, who was already looking at him, and gave her a small smile. Her eyes quickly darted away, scribbling notes into her notebook.

This is how it's going to be for the rest of the day, he thought, sighing heavily. He pulled his phone from his pocket and scrolled to find his conversation with Zach.

Justin: she isn't talking to me.

Zach: why?

Justin: still mad, I assume.

Zach: maybe try at lunch.

And so he did. He waited through all of his classes, still being a good student and listening in with the class. Lunch had finally arrived, and he knew she had just left her Spanish class. He could see her and Alex walking together into the cafeteria, but lost them in a sea of students.

"El, can we talk?" He asked. "It's important." He stood beside her as she sat with Jessica, Sheri, and Ani. She looked up at him, their conversation falling dead.

"No. Fuck off." She replied, sipping on her water. "Please, just leave me alone." But he didn't move, despite her returning to her conversation with Ani.

"El, please. I'm serious."

"I'll fuck off then." She retorted and collected her thing, pushing past him as she left the cafeteria. He was frozen. He couldn't chase after her, or it would be a dead end. She'd continue to shut him down and there was nothing he could do

"Trouble in paradise?" He heard. From the person he really didn't want to even see right now, let alone hear. He huffed and turned to Jess, who had her arms folded and a cocky look on her face.

"She's mad at me." He replied. He wanted to sit down, and talk to someone. But Jess was not the person for that. She could secretly be plotting against them, she could've been waiting for this very moment. He could definitely not tell her about their baby.

"Can I ask why?"

"No." Justin seethed.

"Why not?" Jessica remarked, making a pouty face. "You can trust me, Justin." He could've left it there and let her win, but why should he stop being petty to someone who, on multiple occasions, tried to ruin his one chance at happiness?

"Can I?" He retorted, his tone dripping with anger. Storming off, he made an attempt to find Elizabeth and smooth things out between them both.

side note: i am pro choice, as is elizabeth. but for the sake of the story, elizabeth wants to keep the baby.