Chapter 5

Ivy

I am so nervous right now. I feel like I'm going to puke. I've never done this before!

"Ivy, you don't have to go if you don't want to. I can't force you into anything, you know." Lia gives me a side-glance. She, Blake and I are currently on our way to Vegas. It's a club.

But I've never been to a club. My father would've never allowed it. However, I want to experience some life while I'm here. And I finally have the chance. I would never be able to go to such place alone, but with Lia and Blake, it doesn't seem so scary anymore.

"If it eases your mind, tonight there won't be any strippers." Blake jokes. At least I hope he's joking.

"S-Strippers?" I gasp.

"Yeah, but don't worry. The girls usually work there Fridays and Saturdays, but I asked Vegas to not bring them tonight." Lia explains.

"Who's Vegas?"

"He's the owner of the place. And our friend."

"You have friends in the strangest places." I giggle, shaking my head at her.

Lia just shrugs. Typical. Blake parks the car and we all get out. I pull the coat a little tighter around me. It's quite cold tonight, but I couldn't wear a sweater to a club, right?

"It'll get warmer once we're inside." Lia wraps her arm around my shoulders, leading us inside. She salutes at the bouncer, a big guy with a small scar on his face, getting a small smile from him in response, then walks us in. I notice Blake talking to the guy quietly about something for a moment before he follows us.

Once we're inside, all my senses are assaulted by the smells, the music, the sight of people dancing, drinking, laughing... They all seem to be having fun.

"Come on, I'll take you to our booth. Vegas got it reserved just for us." Lia grins, leading me to a more private corner. There's a round table in the middle, with a huge U-shaped leather booth around it. I notice some guys already sitting there. I recognize them as the ones that Lia and Blake are friends with.

"Hey beautiful. – The guy named Simon greets me first with a smirk and a wink – I've been waiting to see you again."

"Hi." I give the guys a shy wave, taking a seat beside Lia on the outside of the booth.

"No need to be nervous. I'm David, this flirt is Simon and the blonde is James."

"I know. You're on the football team." I smile, tucking stray hair behind my ear.

I notice Blake walking to us, so I get up from the booth to let him in. He thanks me then sits next to Lia. For a brief moment I think that I'll have to sit elsewhere, but Blake quickly pulls Lia onto his lap then scoots over, leaving me room to sit.

"Oh god, not again, you two." James groans and I turn to him confused. He notices my look, and gestures at the couple beside me. "They keep rubbing it in that we're single. They always stay together and keep cuddling in front of us." He grumbles, taking a sip of his beer.

Why am I not surprised by this... Those two are so sweet.

"Fuck off, James." Blake chuckles, kissing Lia's head.

"I can't watch it. Gorgeous, would you like to dance with me?" Simon winks at me. I decide to live a little and nod, taking off my coat to put it in the corner of the booth, with the rest of the jackets.

I take turns dancing with all three of Lia and Blake's friends. Simon is amazing dancer and has great stamina. I can't even compare. I'm really tired.

Tired, but happy. This is so liberating!

I love this!

Lia and I are sitting at the bar now, drinking colorful cocktails names of which I can't pronounce. Tony, the bartender keeps flirting with me and Lia doesn't even do anything about it. So I guess he's harmless.

I think the guys are noticing me because of the clothes I'm wearing. It's not something I would wear to classes or anywhere else, but for once I feel... sexy. The top is hugging my body like second skin, with sheer back. The dark jeans are ripped on the knees and the high heeled boots are a bit heavy. I have never worn anything like that, but I find those clothes extremely comfortable. Much more than the dresses and high heels.

"Hello sweetcheeks. I've been watching you all night." I hear a gruff voice behind me as a heavy hand settles on my hip.

"Fuck off, asshole, before I make you."

"Another cutie. My friends will be glad to hear we got two bitches to play with tonight." I whimper when the hand squeezes my hip painfully. But I'm too terrified to move. I can feel the man's breath on my head as he leans in, pressing his face into my hair. "So sweet." He inhales deeply, putting his free hand on my shoulder, pressing his fingers warningly into it when I try to pull away.

"Take your hands off her. – Lia growls at him, glaring at the hand on my shoulder – Before I fucking remove it."

The grabby man only laughs, squeezing me more.

"Let me go. It hurts!" I cry out when his fingers dig into my shoulder and hip.

"Not a chance, sweetcheeks. We want to have some fun tonight, and we will."

"Not a chance, shithead." Lia snarls, elbowing the guy behind her in the face then jumping off the barstool, punching the grabby man behind me in his side. His hold on me loosens enough for me to get away and Lia stands in front of me.

"Stay behind me, Ivy. Once you get a clear way, go back to the other room and get Blake."

I gape at her. The bar we're at is all the way down the hallway from the main room. I can't leave Lia here alone!

"Ivy, I'll be fine. Once you have a clear way, go and get someone. There're more of them." Lia whispers harshly, before punching the grabby guy in the face when he lunges at her.

"Feisty." He spits blood on the floor. "Now come here you little cunt, we're gonna have some fun."

"You're gonna wish you didn't bother us." Lia seethes, lunging at the guy, kicking him in the stomach. "Ivy, go!" She shouts and I run down towards the hallway to get help. I turn at the door, throwing a despaired glance at my friend. She's fighting skillfully against seven guys much bigger than her. She catches my eyes just when she breaks one of the guys' arm. Go.

I turn back to the hallway, passing the private rooms hurriedly.

Until I hit a solid wall. The impact sends me backwards and I hit the floor with force. Ow!

"You okay, sweetheart?" I hear a deep voice ask worriedly from above me. Oh no, not those guys!

"Hey, hey, shh, shh. It's okay. – The man lifts me up, but as soon as I stand, I recoil from him – I'm not going to hurt you. What got you so scared?" The man gently asks and I raise my head, only to hear him inhale sharply and see his eyes widen. He looks at me with pure disbelief, as if I'm not a person, but an apparition.

"You're not one of them. – I mutter in shock, then my mind snaps back to reality – Oh god, please help. My friend, she's fighting a bunch of guys. Please, help her!" I clutch onto his suit, staring at him pleadingly with teary eyes.

The man's eyes harden considerably as he glances behind me, then looks back at me. "Stay at the door, don't get too close, you hear me? I don't want you to get hurt." I nod frantically. The man rushes up the hallway to the small bar, where Lia is.

But when we reach the bar, the fight is already over. Lia is standing over the bloody body of the grabby man, kicking his side with her combat boot as she curses him out. I cover my mouth to not let my gasp be heard.

And then the man beside me starts laughing.

I gape at him in shock. Does he find this thing funny?!

"I will be damned!" Lia laughs when she notices us, wiping some blood of her face before coming to the man and giving him a hug in greeting. They know each other?

"Lorenzo!"