Chapter 11

Ivy

My whole Saturday is spent studying for the upcoming tests I have next week. I need to revise the material so I can get a good grade. The amount of assignments is overwhelming, but I don't mind. I'd rather do this than spend another evening watching sad movies and eating junk food.

Lia and Blake are with the football team in Los Angeles, where they have a game tonight. But even though they're busy, Lia still called me to check how I was doing. She's been doing that all the time whenever I wasn't with her, mainly because of the situation at the club few weeks ago.

I haven't seen the man Lia beat up again, but it may be because I spend most of my time outside with her and Blake. The fact that they're being watched by some bikers might also be a reason for my peace.

After few hours of working on my assignments my doorbell rings, almost sending me into a panic attack. I know for a fact it's not Lia, Blake or the guys from the team, since they're all in a different state, and I don't really have other friends that could come for a visit. None of my classmates from college know where I live.

It could be my dad, but I'm sure he'd call beforehand and he has no real reason to come here.

I reluctantly make my way to the front door when the doorbell rings again, feeling incredibly afraid of the person outside. My hands keep shaking uncontrollably and for a moment I even consider getting the gun Lia gave me before she left.

With trembling hand and shaky breath I open the door, only to sigh in relief when I see my guests.

It's Gun and his wife.

"Hi, Ivy." Maggie waves in greeting, smiling warmly at me. I shyly greet her back, inviting them both in.

Gun is a member of the biker club that's been watching over Lia. She told me that there's a man after her, the same one that hurt her as a child, and the club decided to guard her. I didn't dare ask how did that man hurt her, but it must be bad if she didn't even want to see his face. When she mentioned it, she looked ready to kill. It scared me, I'll admit, but it also showed me how painful the memory really is to her.

I follow Gun and Maggie to my small living room, wincing at the sight of my scattered notes and books. They must think I'm a slob.

"I'm sorry, flower, we didn't mean to bother you while you're studying. – Maggie frowns worriedly, glancing around the messy room – I heard you're alone for the weekend and thought that I'd bring you dinner." She smiles softly, handing me a bag with heavenly-smelling food. Flower?

I can only stare at her in stunned silence, completely taken off guard by the sudden gesture. Then my mind registers what she said. "What do you mean you heard that I'm alone?" I question curiously, tilting my head in confusion.

"Lia told me. – Maggie grins fondly at the mention of my friend – She mentioned how you two usually eat together and Dominic also saw you together quite a few times while he was watching her."

"Why did she tell you that?" I mumble, embarrassed. I'm not that hopeless, am I?

"Oh, no, no. She didn't tell us to bring you anything. – Gun denies immediately, taking a seat on the couch as I put the bag on the coffee table – She just mentioned going to Los Angeles with the football team."

"So I thought I'd get you something. I came here few days ago after Killer went back to Walford and I wanted to visit my little girl, but I didn't know she'd be gone. And I decided to visit you instead. Every friend of my daughter is also my child. I know how fond Lia is of you and I wanted to meet you." I almost melt at the adoring look in Maggie's eyes before frowning in confusion again. Daughter?