Chapter 15

Ivy

I have stay in the hospital for the rest of the weekend for observation. Great. Lorenzo left a while ago to supposedly get me some food, but I can't find it in me to be happy about him looking after me. I'm too busy thinking about where I'm going to stay after I'm discharged. I have no idea if my dad took away my stuff after I was brought here...

And just as this thought crosses my mind, my phone rings. Thank god I had it in my dress's pocket when I ran out.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Ivy. It's Jordan."

"Good morning Mr. Mitchell."

"Good morning, though it's actually night here. – he chuckles – I'm calling you cause I got a concerning call from your father. He wanted to terminate the contract for the flat, saying you're sick and can't stay there longer. Is that true?" He worriedly asks, making me blush in embarrassment. My dad lied to him just to get me to go home.

"No, it's not. I'm fine and I would very much like to stay at the studio. – I shyly tell him – If you're okay with that, of course." I fidget in the bed, playing with the thin blanket I was given by the nurse earlier. Since only one of my arms can move, I have the phone on speaker.

"That's fine, sure. I'd hate to find another person to live there. – he chortles – It's not as easy as it seems."

"Thank you."

"No problem." He warmly says before hanging up.

"Is there something wrong, love?" I turn my head when I hear Lorenzo's worried voice.

I hesitate telling him about my living situation. I don't want to appear even more pathetic than I already am. "It's nothing." I quietly say, averting my gaze from his. Those honey-colored eyes have some strange power to compel me to do anything, to tell anything. I know it's weird, but that's how I feel around him. One look and I turn into mush.

"Love, I can tell something's bothering you." Lorenzo states and gets the tray from the end of the bed, sliding it to my waist and placing the bag with food on it. I'm not exactly hungry, but I don't have the courage to deny Lorenzo. That's how much he affects me. I'm ready to do anything for him and all he has to do is just look at me or speak to me with his deep gentle voice.

Pathetic.

"It's nothing." I repeat, turning to look at the window instead of the honey-eyed man.

"Love, please eat something."

"I'm not hungry." I retort, not even glancing at the food he brought.

Lorenzo quietly sighs. "Love, you need to eat something. You lost a lot of blood..." I shut my eyes in shame, not wanting to see the disappointment in Lorenzo's. I can take it from my father, my mother, even my friends, but not him. I don't want him to hate me.

I stay quiet, still absentmindedly looking out the window.

After a while, Lorenzo takes away the already cold food and sets the tray back at the end of the bed. I don't even look at him so he doesn't see the tears brimming in my eyes. I'm so ashamed right now, so embarrassed about him seeing me like this. I don't like people knowing about my family problems.

Lorenzo gets a call and excuses himself for a moment, but I don't even bother saying anything. I don't want to do anything, even talk. I just want to go to sleep and not wake up. I've had enough of everything.

I lie down on my good side, wincing in pain when I unintentionally move my dislocated shoulder. Great. Now I'm incapacitated for at least a few weeks.