Chapter 51

Lia

The moment we entered the plane, Thea asked to speak to me privately. Judging by her tone, it must be serious, so I didn't say anything and simply joined her by the window.

"I brought something for you. Well, Aiden did, but I was the one that asked him to get if for me. – She gets a small old-looking book from her backpack and lays it on the table between the seats – I believe this belonged to Thalia, but I can't read it. I thought that maybe you, as a witch, can see what's inside."

"What do you mean you can't read it?" Blake questions quietly.

"It's not that I'm incapable of reading things, I'm not illiterate. I mean that I can't read it because all I see are blank pages. It's almost as if something is protecting the contents from being seen."

"And you think I will be able to see it? I don't know anything about spells or anything..." I frown in pure confusion.

"I don't know. You're a witch, who knows what you're capable of." Thea smirks.

With a resigned sigh, I take the book, only to gasp in shock when a fire goes through my hands before a small black 'T' appears on the back of my left hand, surrounded by an intricate mandala lotus. It looks like a tattoo, to be honest.

"The fuck is this?!" Blake grasps my hand and quickly inspects the strange phenomenon. "Does it hurt?" He asks worriedly.

"No... It doesn't. But it felt as if it was burned into my skin."

"It's the same design as the one on the book..." Leo adds with a frown.

"Can you read it?" Thea implores curiously.

"Yeah... - I nod, skimming through the contents - It's like a journal. Or a diary... Would you mind if I went to read it in peace?"

"No, no. Go ahead."

I go to the bedroom in the back before turning the book to the first page and start reading.

It has been twenty years. We are getting closer to finding the way to get rid of the Alpha King. Thanks to Cornelia's gift of clairvoyance, we were able to discover when the King will find his mate. She might be the only way to ruin him once and for all. We need to be smart about this.

...

My research on immortality is bringing great results. However, there is a problem. I am nowhere near strong enough to create a beast strong enough to match king's strength. I am unable to get what I want. I have to find a way to increase my power.

...

I may have found a way to get stronger. It involves dark magic. I have found a spell that would help me turn into a dark witch. I am ready for the ritual, even at the cost of my family. Overthrowing the king is much more important than this.

I left Susan with her father and feigned my death so they will never even think about searching for me. At first, I was considering using my daughter to increase my power, but she proved to be useless. She is just a human.

...

I have finally succeeded. Turning dark was indeed the answer. The man I have been keeping here is no longer mortal. I have decided to call him an Undead, since he cannot die. I have tried to kill him many times, but he remains alive.

There is one thing that unnerves me, though. He has an insatiable hunger for blood. No matter how much I feed him, it is not enough. I worry that people will start noticing all the disappearances soon. The wolves are already getting suspicious.