Chapter 31

Ivy

It's so hot! I can't take it anymore!

"Shit!" I hear Lia's voice as I writhe in agony on the floor. It's the only spot that's cool enough for me to lie on. "Ivy? Ivy, it's me. Jesus Christ, what is this shit..." She mutters angrily, clearly taken aback by the intensity of the heat.

I feel myself getting lifted from the floor then put on a soft surface, which quickly gets wet due to my excessive sweating. The thin cotton pajamas Lia put on me didn't even last an hour and I had to take it off. It was too wet for me to wear. Through my feverish haze I managed to ask my friend to help me put on something else, but Lia only said it'd end up like my pj's and left me in my underwear. I was quite scared that Lia's boyfriend will see me like this, but she told me he's with Lorenzo.

Oh god, just the thought of that man causes new waves of heat to surge through my body! I whimper in pain when a strong cramp hits me, making my insides clench in need.

I can't take it!

I want it to be over!

It's not long before I feel Lia move me again then put me in ice cold water that does nothing to extinguish the fire inside me. I pant as I sit in the bathtub, too tired to even open my eyes.

I'm going to die.

"Woah, woah, careful. – Lia adjusts my head when it falls limply against the tub – What the hell is this..." She grumbles in pure confusion but I don't have the strength to even respond.

I have no idea how long this thing has been going on now. Everything is a blur. I don't know what day or time it is. I can't do anything on my own. I have to depend on Lia with each and every little thing. She helps me in the bathroom, she spoon-feeds me smoothies and soups, she wipes the sweat off my body with a towel, she gives me ice baths... She's like my personal nurse and I feel terrible about troubling her like this.

Once all the sweat is washed off my body, Lia dries me off and helps me put on my underwear before taking me back to the bedroom. She put two fans in there, so it's the only place I can stay in.

"I'll go find you a blanket to lie on, okay?" Lia says as she helps me onto the bed then she leaves the room. I guess she noticed I'm more comfortable on the floor.

I snuggle into the pillow tiredly, only to be hit with Lorenzo's scent, which makes my cramps get ten times worse and the heat to almost burn me from the inside. I need him so badly!

Holding the pillow to my face, I move to get off the bed but end up falling clumsily onto the floor. The pain that surges through me at the impact is nothing compared to the fire burning in my womb. It takes great effort for me to get up and walk to the door, but I somehow manage to stand erect.

I walk down the hallway, using the wall as my support, heading god knows where. I let the strange pull I feel lead me to my destination. I only hope Lia doesn't find that blanket. I don't want to go back to bed.

I need to find Lorenzo.

He's the only one that can help me.

When I reach the stairs, I catch quiet snarls and growls coming from somewhere. Searching for the source of the erotic sounds, I end up standing in front of dark wooden door with a golden handle. I don't know why, but I'm compelled to open it. I glance unsurely around the empty house then grab the handle.

I'm greeted by nothing but darkness when I finally cross the threshold. The door closes behind me with a soft thud and all the growling I heard before stops momentarily.