Chapter 67

Ivy

I stay in Ren's arms as he hugs me on the roof, just taking in his soothing presence greedily. I had a suspicion that Cornelia could actually be my mother, but seeing it with my own eyes still hurt.

Not to mention the Undead that kept a hold on me earlier.

It was my dad.

But he didn't even acknowledge me as he held onto me.

Neither of them did.

Almost as if I was nothing but a speck of dust.

On one hand I'm sad that I meant so little to them in the long run, but on the other... it gave me the closure I so desperately needed.

Had my parents had any feelings for me, felt any remorse for trying to use me to bring Ren down, I would've thought about giving them a chance. But... since they didn't do any of that, I don't even feel bad about them dying.

They deserved everything that happened to them.

"My love, are you alright?" Ren asks quietly, stroking my head softly.

"I'm okay now." I tell him truthfully, having come to terms with what just happened moments ago.

Lia literally struck Cornelia with lightning and burned her to death. What surprised me was that both Undeads that kept me and Blake still got burned too. It's like they were connected to Cornelia and her death meant theirs too.

"Are you sure, my queen? Tell me the truth..." Ren pries worriedly, cupping my face gently to look into my eyes.

"I'm alright. Really. – I assure him then nearly gasp in shock in sudden realization – Ren, what about the others?! What's going on?!" I try to pull away from my man's hold, but he's having none of it and swiftly picks me up into his arms, cradling me against his chest as he walks to the edge of the roof.

"What the hell?" He murmurs in pure confusion, staring at the sight in front of us. There are countless bodies strewn around the field, charred beyond recognition.

Just like Cornelia and the two Undeads...

That's weird.

"They're all dead." I whip my head at the sound of Thea's voice as she jumps onto the roof. She just jumped here!

"What?!" Ren exclaims in shock.

"They're all dead. – Thea repeats seriously – Leo said that they all dropped dead the moment the last lightning hit the witch."

"So they're all connected..."

"That's what I'm thinking. We have to do something about the bodies, the humans might get suspicious about the sudden disappearances..."

"I'll deal with it, it's not an issue. Any casualties on our side?" Ren is already in his 'king mode', ready to deal with the aftermath.

"A few, but only the guards that were caught during their patrol. There are some injured, though, and that's why I'm here." Thea explains curtly then turns to Lia, who's still snuggled into Blake, ignoring everything around her. "Sweetie, I don't want to bother you... but we've got some injured and we could use your help." The Undead Luna frowns worriedly, seemingly uncomfortable.

"Okay... - Lia mumbles, pulling away from Blake's chest - Can you get them all to the clinic? I'll be right there."

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask quietly, getting a small reassuring smile from my friend.

"Yeah. This is more important." She sighs heavily then pulls Blake with her to the hatch that leads downstairs. She seems to be absolutely exhausted yet she still thinks about others... Unbelievable.