Chapter 22

Ivy

I let the man, whose name I still don't know, carry me inside the huge house located in the middle of the woods. For some reason, his presence calms me down. I'm not as scared of him as I was with Jake and the other man who supposedly is my father.

This man doesn't scare me.

And I don't know why.

The strangest thing, though, is how my senses are... sharper. I heard everything Dr. Leon told the man. He even called him 'his majesty'. Is this man a king or something? Why would Dr. Leon call him like that?

They kept talking about some weird biting thing, some mark, some alpha, and other strange things I don't understand.

I really hope someone will explain it to me.

Hopefully, it'll be this man that promised to 'take care' of me. He's the only one, apart from Dr. Leon, that I think I can trust. He's not like Jake, and I think that's what puts me at ease the most.

"Love, would you like to see the house? I can take you on a tour if you want." The man smiles warmly, making my heart beat faster. His smile is so beautiful.

I only nod at him shyly, getting a happy grin in response. But a more important issue hits me as I lie in this man's arms. I slowly raise my hand to tap his shoulder then gesture at the couch nearby. "Do you want me to sit you down?" I nod.

The man sets me down on the couch, but doesn't release me from his arms, keeping me in his lap. "What is it, love?" He questions softly.

I glance around, at least as much as I can, since my neck is hurting really badly and I can barely move it. When I see what I need, I point at it. The man seemingly understands what I want and asks Dr. Leon to fetch it for me.

"Here you go, Ivy." The nice doctor hands me the small notepad and a pen. I wordlessly thank him with a small smile.

I carefully write down my question, suddenly feeling apprehensive about offending the man. But I'm just way too curious about this man to not ask him.

'What's your name?' I show the page to the man, who still keeps me on his lap. I have to admit, it's actually nice to stay like this.

"My name's Lorenzo Rey, my love." He tells me in that soothing deep voice of his.

I quickly write my next question. 'Why do you call me that?'

"Because I've always called you that." I frown dejectedly. That's not the answer I anticipated.

'Why did Dr. Leon call you "Your Majesty"?' I show him my next question.

Lorenzo is clearly surprised at this. His wide golden eyes stare at me in disbelief, as if he didn't expect me to ask him this. "You heard that?" He gasps in shock before throwing a furtive glance at my neck, which is still burning and aching terribly.

I quickly scribble my answer. 'Yes. He said you can help me heal by biting me.' I watch as Lorenzo's eyes widen even more, seemingly too shocked to speak. Did I say something wrong?

After a while, Lorenzo sighs heavily, bringing me closer to his chest. I relish the warmth of it, even though I have no idea why his touch feels so comforting. "You heard us." He breathes out sadly.

I only nod, prompting him to tell me more.

"Doc, mind giving us some space?" He calls over my shoulder to Dr. Leon. I actually forgot he was even here.