Chapter 36

Ivy

I may complain about Lorenzo's coddling, but I can't lie and say there's anything better than being in his arms. He's always so warm and he smells good. I love being carried around by him and snuggling into his body. Boy, I'm a creep.

Lorenzo takes me downstairs to the living area, effortlessly holding me up with only one arm. Either he's exceptionally strong or I'm just so tiny. I mean, I know I'm not the biggest person around, being only 5'1" tall, but does it really mean I should be coddled like a baby?

Probably.

Do I mind?

Definitely not.

Do I like it?

Absolutely.

I keep my nose buried in the crook of Lorenzo's neck, greedily taking in his soothing manly scent. For some bizarre reason, it brings me peace. One whiff and my heartbeat slows down, my breathing calms down and my body relaxes.

Lorenzo doesn't seem to mind me snuggling into his chest and simply kisses my head, murmuring sweet professions of love into my ear.

I heave a deep sigh when we finally reach the living room, knowing I'll have to let go of Lorenzo's neck.

I don't want to let go of him...

"What is it, my love?" Lorenzo seems to notice the change of my mood.

"I'm comfy here." I mumble into his shoulder, tightening my hold on his neck.

"Okay... - he trails off, sounding confused - Why are you sad then?"

"I don't want to let go." I tell him honestly. After being marked by him, I feel no apprehension in sharing everything with him. I can feel he won't judge me no matter what I say. I don't know where it comes from, but I just know he won't. I can reveal everything to him, no matter how trivial or stupid it may be.

"You don't have to, my love. – Lorenzo assures, kissing my head again – I don't mind carrying you all the time." He smiles adoringly and I hide my blushing face in his shoulder again.

As Lorenzo walks to the kitchen, I glance over his shoulder at Lia and Blake snuggled on the couch in the living room. They're completely lost in each other, talking quietly. I catch Lia say that she doesn't want the fact that she's a witch change anything in their life.

That's another weird thing I noticed after being marked. My senses seem sharper. Normally, I wouldn't be able to hear what Lia said, but ever since Lorenzo marked me, I catch even the quietest sounds, smell the slightest changes of scents around me and even see everything more vividly... At first it freaked me out a bit, but after I talked to Lorenzo about it, he said that it's normal for the human mate to gain such abilities. He told me that with time I'll even get stronger physically. Supposedly it's because the other half of my soul belongs to a werewolf. And once the two halves merge, I will share the same abilities as Lorenzo, except for being able to change into a wolf.

Speaking of which, I still haven't seen his wolf. I mean, I met Wolfie, but as a human. That sounds weird.

"Ren?" I lift my head of his shoulder, giving him the irresistible puppy eyes. I've started calling him 'Ren' after my heat ended, since 'Lorenzo' is quite a mouthful and I had this inexplicable need to be less formal with him. And it seems that Lorenzo doesn't mind being called that.

"Yes, my love?" He smiles, getting some ingredients from the fridge casually, with me still perched on his arm.

"Can I see your wolf?"