Chapter 7

Ivy

Mr. Lorenzo, David and I sit in Lia and Blake's living room, waiting for my friends impatiently. I'm still shaken from the whole incident at the club, but for some reason the huge jacket the Mr. Lorenzo put on me earlier gives me a sense of security. It's so warm and big, and it smells of Mr. Lorenzo. I wish I could just bottle it up and smell it forever. It's so tantalizing.

"Um, excuse me... - I get their attention – I would like to go home to change clothes, if you don't mind. I'm covered in... blood." I scowl at the stains on my body. I guess I got them by hugging Lia earlier.

"Of course, sweetheart. Where do you live?" Mr. Lorenzo asks softly, staring at me with those golden eyes of his that resemble molten honey. I could get lost in them for eternity.

"Just next door. – I answer, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear – I'll just, uh, go and come back in few minutes. Is that okay?" I don't know why but I feel like I have to ask them.

David only chuckles in amusement. "Sure, go ahead. You don't have to ask."

I glance at Mr. Lorenzo only to see him already staring at me in what seems to be adoration. I might be reading too far into this, but I'm pretty sure that's what I see. He's been looking at me like that ever since I saw him at the club. "Do you wish for me to accompany you?" He asks and I'm confused for a moment at the strange way he speaks.

"I'll be fine, thank you." I smile shyly, getting off the couch. I pull off the jacket, but Mr. Lorenzo stops me.

"Keep it. It looks good on you." I blush furiously at the sweet tone of his voice.

"Woah, man, I'm still here you know." David mocks, reddening my cheeks even further. I keep forgetting he's here when I look into those honey-colored eyes.

"And why would your presence be an inconvenience to me?"

I notice David's jaw drop as he gapes at Mr. Lorenzo. "You're shamelessly flirting with my friend right in front of me!"

"If it bothers you, then you're free to leave. – Mr. Lorenzo smirks before glancing at me – Go change, love. It must be uncomfortable to stay in this attire." I only nod at him then throw a quick glance at David and leave, heading to my studio.

I take quick shower, washing off the remains of blood from my skin. I had no idea there was so much of it when I hugged Lia. She must've been really brutal to get so bloodied.

I glance dejectedly at my dirty clothes, knowing that I won't be able to wear them again without thinking of what happened tonight. But, despite how weird it may sound, I enjoyed the night. That's until that man grabbed me. It felt so good to be a free person for once, away from my parents' influence and rules.

I change into a red sundress with lace sleeves that reach my elbows then put on a pair of black suede flats and braid my hair. I can't just show up at Lia's place in pajamas, can I? I take one last look at myself in the mirror then head back towards Lia and Blake's apartment next door.

I don't have to wait long after I knock on the door, cause as soon as I drop my hand, Blake opens the door and invites me inside. "Come in, come in. Want a drink?"

"No, thank you. – I politely decline, walking further into the room – Why did Lia want me to come here?" I question curiously as I sit down, glancing around when I don't see the person in question anywhere.

"Oh, Lia's in the shower. Lia said something about having to talk to you. It's quite late but I figured it must be urgent." Blake shrugs, putting a glass of juice in front of me before sitting on the other side of the couch.