Chapter 41

Lorenzo

I watch my little mate as she sleeps peacefully, just caressing her small face lovingly. I can't get over the fact that she's officially mine now. There's no way to describe the way I'm feeling right now. Happiness seems to shallow, elation - too weak, euphoria – too abstract... Bliss? Maybe.

All I know is that I've never felt like this.

After thousands of years, my heart is finally at peace. My soul is completed. My life has a purpose.

Ivy groans quietly in her sleep as she turns over and I can't help but chuckle when she sleepily hits my face with her hand. She's so precious.

I take her small hand in mine and press a loving kiss to it before I lay it on my chest. My sweet mate.

"Mmm..." She moans sleepily, snuggling closer to me. I frown worriedly when she starts whimpering in her sleep as she shakes in my arms.

"Ivy? – I cup her cheek gently – Love, wake up."

"I'm sorry." She cries, making my frown deepen. "I'm sorry. Dad, please." What? Dad?

I carefully sit up on the bed and shake Ivy's shoulder, softly cajoling her to wake up. It takes her a moment, but she finally opens her eyes and shoots up on the bed, panting heavily in fear. "Love? Love, look at me. What's wrong?"

"I... Uh... Ren?" She stutters then lunges at me and wraps her arms around my neck, clutching onto me in pure desperation. "Oh god! Ren!" My heart breaks at the sound of her sobs as she cries into my neck.

"What happened, my love? Why are you crying?" I gently place her in my lap and cradle her to my chest, rubbing her back soothingly.

"I... I remember! Everything!" She cries out brokenly.

"Everything?"

"Why did you leave me? – she sniffles, leaning away from my chest – Why?!" She really remembers everything...

"I know you're angry, my love, but I've already told you about that. It was when those attacks happened and I was forced to intervene. I'm so sorry I left you..." I stroke her cheek softly, wiping her tears off with my thumb.

"M-My dad... He wanted to take me back... He broke my arm... And Jack... he wanted to beat me... and you... you weren't there... and I... I was so scared... and then... and then..." She stammers, barely able to speak through her tears.

"Shh, it's alright, my love. It's all in the past, don't let it bother you. You're here with me now, you have no reason to be scared anymore." I soothe, keeping her small frame wrapped in my arms as I rock us lightly.

"You... you won't leave me again, right?" Ivy hiccups quietly.

"Of course I won't. I will never leave you." I tell her seriously.

"Really?" She stares at me hopefully.

"I would sooner rip my heart out than leave you." I state, getting only a quiet sigh in response as Ivy leans against me, only to tense up a second later.

"What's wrong?" I ask worriedly.

"You're naked! – she shrieks, scrambling away from me – Oh god, I'm naked too!!!"

I can't help but smile at her cuteness. "Love, you're in a nightgown and underwear and I'm wearing pants. We're not naked." I chuckle at the adorable blush that adorns her cheeks.

My words seem to shock her even more. "W-Who dressed me? – she gasps then glances around the room – And whose room is this?"

I smile lovingly at my mate and wrap my arms around her small body then pull her back onto my lap. "I dressed you. And this is the master bedroom. It's our new room now that you're completely mine." I tell her softly.