Chapter 43

Thea/Beast

As soon as Lorenzo snaps, Leo and I are spurt into action. We've seen what a feral wolf can do, so we know what to expect. In a split second, I'm in front of the humans, shielding them from Lorenzo, while Leo and Brian protect Ivy.

"Damn, he's mad..." The human girl, Lia, comments casually, almost as if she's not even a bit afraid of the mad wolf in front of her.

"I guess he figured it out." Blake adds. How are they so calm right now?!

"Ren, please, look at me." Lorenzo's mate, Ivy, pleads quietly as he paces furiously around the room, growling loudly. It quickly becomes clear to everyone that even Ivy can't calm him down, which is disconcerting a bit, since there are two humans and babies in the house.

"That fucking traitor! – Lorenzo snarls furiously – How fucking dare he?!"

"What traitor?" Lia asks calmly, seemingly unperturbed by the wolf's sudden outburst. Lorenzo whips his head at her and I tense in anticipation of his attack. Werewolves can't really go against their King, but as an Undead, I can.

I glance at the King's mate, only to see her shaking and crying quietly as Leo shields her from the mayhem. Guess she didn't suspect her mate to be so pissed. Poor child.

Lorenzo takes a threatening step towards me and the humans behind me, heaving in fury. "No one but you and your friends knew that we met!" He snarls, making the humans scoff indignantly.

"Are you fucking serious?! You're saying I have something to do with this?! – Lia shoots up and steps up to Lorenzo – I didn't know that werewolves even existed until weeks ago!!! How could I possibly orchestrate it all?!"

"But if it's not you or the others, then-!" He yells before a loud slap resounds through the room. She fucking slapped him!

"Snap out of it, will you?! You're scaring Ivy and there are kids in this house!" She screams at him, shocking all of us. I had no idea a human could be so fearless. I'm starting to like her more and more.

Lorenzo glares at the human girl for a while, just growling lowly in fury. "Did you just hit me?" He sneers, his eyes flashing gold as his wolf comes to the surface. Shit, he's going to kill her!

"I'll hit you again if that's what it takes for you to get your head straight! – Lia yells – Don't try me, wolf!"

"Ren, please." Ivy sobs from behind Leo, shaking in pure fear as she stares at her mate.

We all watch in stunned silence as Lorenzo and Lia glare at each other for a while before Lorenzo sighs heavily and roughly runs his hand though his hair. I turn curiously to the human behind me, only to see him staring at his girl with an adoring smile. "She's amazing, isn't she?" He sighs dreamily.

"How are you not even a bit scared? He could've hurt her..."

"He couldn't. He said so himself."

"Unbelievable." I shake my head incredulously.

"Feeling better yet?" Lia questions harshly, glaring at Lorenzo.

"Yes. Thank you."

"Good." The human nods before coming back to Blake and sitting on his lap again. The young man instantly puts his arms around her and squeezes her to his chest as he kisses her soundly, not even caring about everyone in the room.

I turn back to Lorenzo when I hear his mate cry loudly as she lunges at him. I can't help but smile as the King engulfs his mate in his arms and greedily inhales her scent. The sight of the two pairs so taken by each other tugs at my heart a little, so I go to Leo and snuggle into him, getting a quiet chuckle from Brian.