Chapter 55

Ivy

The house that supposedly belongs to Jake is nothing like I expected. I don't know why, but I honestly thought he lived in a dark, scary castle with dead trees around it, not a beautiful mansion with a gorgeous, although neglected, garden. This is really shocking.

I keep a tight hold on Ren's hand as he leads towards the house, trying my best to not cringe when the men guarding the front door bow in greeting. I don't think I'll ever get used to this. Whenever Ren and I meet some wolves, they immediately bow down to us. It makes me really uncomfortable and embarrassed.

Ren and I wait for the others to join us then go inside the house, heading straight to Jake's office for whatever reason. I'm not sure what we're looking for, but I trust Ren's judgment.

Once we're inside, my man immediately gestures at everyone to take their seats at the long table, not even minding the dust covering it, then pulls me onto his lap as he sits at the head of the table. On our right, there are Thea with Leo and Lia with Blake, and on our left there are Hunter with Skye and the two men that Ren called here, Cade and Colin.

"I have asked you to come here because we need a plan of action. Cade here is the head of the King's Guard and Colin is responsible for the security. – Ren starts seriously, catching everyone's attention – Lia, why don't you disclose what you've found in Thalia's journal?"

"Again?"

"Yes."

Lia sighs heavily, but starts the tale, telling us all about Thalia and Cornelia's plan to kill Ren, their connection to Jake, the men with the tattoos that bothered us few months ago, the creation of Undeads and even Thea's background. She keeps her voice calm and steady, not even a bit nervous about speaking publicly. I'm so jealous of her confidence. I've always hated presenting something in public. Lia also shares her suspicions about Cornelia's identity and the whereabouts of the 'young Undead' mentioned in Thalia's journal.

"According to what you've said... - Cade says once Lia is finished - that 'young Undead', whose name we don't know, is actually Luna Kingston's father. Or did I misunderstand something?"

"You didn't. – Thea admits – There are too many signs to even bother denying it at this point. The question is: is that guy alive and if he is, then where is he hiding?"

"What if he's with that witch... Cornelia, was it?" Colin wonders out loud. "If they're working together then it won't be easy to win against them, especially with the witch's skill. She might already know we're here."

"Colin's right. Sir, I believe it would be best to prepare our men to fight against Undeads. We can't be sure that there's only one. Who's to say there aren't more?" Cade adds seriously.

"I agree. Thea, Leo and Hunter will be in charge of the training. Cade, I need you to gather more men. Spread the word that I'm giving out an order to send warriors to Castle Creek Pack. I don't want to be outnumbered if it comes to a fight. Thea, can you get your Deads here?"

"Sure."

"Alright. There's one more thing. As you've noticed, we brought two humans with us. – Ren gestures at Lia and Blake – They're to be treated with absolute and utmost respect. Make sure everyone knows that." He orders and I barely stop myself from smiling at him in pride. He's so thoughtful.

"Is it safe to assume you're going to stay here?" Cade implores tentatively.

"Yes. Divide your men to stay in the pack houses and arrange a schedule of patrols. Keep an eye on the borders and send one team to search for Alex." Ren retorts sternly, fully in his 'King mode'. At first I was quite scared of seeing him like this, but now... Now all I feel is pride and respect. This powerful and majestic man is all mine.