Chapter 38

Ivy

The moment I open my eyes, I feel a smile appear on my face. With a happy sigh, I turn over in search of Wolfie, only to feel cold empty sheets under my hand. My mood instantly dampens when I realize Wolfie left me alone.

With a heavy sigh, I get up and go to the bathroom. I can't help but laugh when I see the cutesy message on the mirror. I take off the note with a smile and read it. 'Good morning, my Queen. I hope you rested well. I had something to take care of, but I'll be back soon. Love you ❤ Wolfie'

Aww, he's so sweet!

I can't help but grin when I see the two magical words on the little piece of paper. Love you. He loves me? Really? Already?

"I love you too, Wolfie." I whisper, pressing a small kiss to the note. I'm gonna keep it forever.

I put the little note in a small treasure box I got from Lia when she came here then go downstairs to make myself some breakfast. A quick glance at the clock tells me it's already past ten in the morning, meaning I've slept for almost twelve hours. That's quite long, but I'm not complaining. Sleeping next to Wolfie/Ren is the best!

I hum happily as I make myself sandwiches, feeling really chirpy after reading the note from my mate.

My mate. It sounds weird, but that's exactly who he is to me. I want to get used to calling him my other half, no matter how stupid it may sound to some people. Over the time I've been with Ren and Wolfie, I've come to love them both dearly. I owe them my life, but it's not only that. They're so caring and loving it's hard to not fall for them.

Oh boy, there are two of them! I realize with shock. It's not just Ren or Wolfie. It's Ren and Wolfie that I might have to please. Sure, they have one body, but as Ren told me, they're still separate beings, each with their own feeling and emotions. That means I can't let either of them down. I have two of them to love, to care for, to... satisfy.

Just when the thought crosses my mind, I feel furious blush spread over my cheeks. I've been avoiding this matter for a while, but if I decide to accept Ren and Wolfie as my mates, I will have to... mate... with them. Oh boy, oh boy. I can't even remember if I've ever had sex before! Am I still a virgin?!

"Oh my god!" I mumble in embarrassment as I sit at the island. My food is left completely forgotten as I think about the mating. Supposedly, Ren or Wolfie will have to mark me again during the... intercourse, and once the process is complete, I'll be connected to my mate forever, not to mention immortal. If we don't mate, the mark will disappear over time and I'll no longer feel the bond as strongly as I do now.

Do I really want to stay like I am now? I'm only twenty, according to what Lia told me, and if I 'seal the deal' as she calls it, I will remain looking like a twenty-year-old forever.

This is not as easy as it may seem... Being immortal would mean I'd have to watch everyone I know die, while I stay young and healthy. I don't want to witness all that death. I don't want to see my dear friends grow old and die. I can't even imagine how lonely it would be to lose everyone I know. How lonely has it been for Ren and Wolfie to live four thousand years all by themselves?

My chest constricts in pain as I think about my mate. It must've been so hard for him to be all alone all those years...

I don't want him to be lonely anymore... I love him and it would pain me to see him hurt.

How do I make this decision? How do I choose between people I love?

"That's a heavy sigh..." I spin around when I hear Blake's voice. He walks in the kitchen carrying some groceries then sets the bags on the counter.