Chapter 60

Lorenzo

Shit!

Shit!!

SHIT!!!

I fucked up!

"You fucker!" Thea growls before plunging her hand into Alex's chest and pulling his heart out in a split second.

LIA!

"Stay here, my love." I instruct Ivy then rush outside, along with Thea, Leo and Blake, only to see Lia gone. She couldn't have possibly gotten away so quickly.

"Where is she?!" Blake asks frantically, looking around in panic. "WHERE IS SHE?!"

"Angel, can you sense something?" Leo asks worriedly. I sniff the air in search of any suspicious presence, but I can't smell anyone strange.

"There's no one but your guards. It's like she vanished into thin air..." Thea looks around questioningly.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it! FUCK!" Blake yells then runs back to the alpha's house.

"Go after him! What if he disappears too?!" I order Leo then rush back to Ivy and take her in my arms before carrying her out.

"Ren, where's Lia?" My sweet mate asks fearfully.

"She's gone." I tell her honestly, not wanting to hide anything from her.

"Oh no! No! Please no!" Ivy cries out, clutching onto me as she buries her face in my chest. "No, no, no, noooooo..." She mumbles sadly, breaking my heart with her tears. It's my fault. I shouldn't have doubted Lia. Had I not angered her, she wouldn't have left. Had she not left, she wouldn't have disappeared.

FUCK!

I hear Leo tell Blake to calm down as they run out of the alpha's house. "Don't fucking tell me to calm down!" Blake yells angrily, tapping furiously on his phone. "What the hell..." He pauses, glancing around the area with a confused frown before turning back to his phone. What is he doing?

"Blake?" Thea implores suspiciously.

"She's here. – the human replies quietly, slowly walking towards one of the pack houses – It shows that she's right here..."

"It shows?" Leo and I question simultaneously, exchanging confused looks.

"Lia has a tracker that's connected to my phone." Blake answers offhandedly, heading straight towards the house at the edge of the woods. It's where some members of the King's Guard are staying. Could it be that there are more traitors in our midst?

Thea enters the house first, stopping Blake by the door, ignoring his angry scowl as he mutters curses under his breath.

It's not even a second before Thea comes out, pale as a sheet with her eyes wide in shock. "You should see this." The scared tone of her voice spurts us all into action as we rush inside, only to see the most shocking sight ever.

Lia standing in just her underwear by the fireplace, her arm engulfed by the fire and her body covered in blood, with two guards dead by her feet, mauled beyond recognition.

"Lia!" Blake sighs in relief then rushes to his girl.

"Wait!" I grab his shoulder before he can reach her. "Don't touch her." I warn. Onyx is telling me that something's not right and I agree with him.

"She won't hurt me." Blake states with pure conviction in his voice then shrugs my hand off and gently pulls Lia away from the fire. I feel my body tense up when I see there's not even one mark on her arm. She had her hand in fire and she didn't burn!