Chapter 40

Ivy

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the bedroom.

The candles and rose petals are nice, but the rope and handcuffs are fricking funny. I also noticed a note on the bed, but from where I'm at I can't see what's written there.

Ren seems to be caught off guard by my friend's gesture. He stands completely still, with me held up against his chest. I barely stop myself from laughing at the expression on his face. It's like he can't decide whether he should cringe or laugh. His eyebrow keeps twitching cutely as he glares at the stuff on the bed, so I kiss it softly.

My sudden move pulls him out of his stupor and he pulls me even closer to his chest and buries his face in the crook of my neck, licking my mark playfully.

"That witch will pay for this." He grumbles in annoyance.

"I think it's sweet. – I giggle – She even left a note." I glance at the piece of paper lying next to the handcuffs.

"Of course she did." Ren mutters as he lays me on the bed, making sure I don't touch Lia's gift.

As soon as I'm laid on the satin sheets, I reach my hand out and take the small card before Ren can steal it. I can't help but laugh at the contents.

"To help you tie the knot and be bound forever...ಠﭛಠ"

Oh god, she's so cheeky!!! I show Ren the note and even though he tries hard to not show his amusement, I still see the lopsided smirk on his face.

"Wanna use it?" I decide to tease my man a bit and it seems to work as he chokes on air, staring at me with wide eyes.

"Don't tempt me, love." He growls, his eyes flashing bright gold, meaning that Wolfie wants to get out.

I watch amused as he throws the rope and handcuffs off to the floor and slowly settles above me with a predatory look that sends a jolt of pleasure straight to my insides. He closes his eyes and inhales deeply, growling hungrily as his body tenses above mine. For some reason, I'm not as embarrassed about it this time.

Ren is my mate. My sweet, loving and sexy mate. It also helps that he seems as aroused by me as I am by him. I've never felt more attractive than at this moment, splayed open on the dark red satin sheets beneath my mate who stares at me with pure desire. He doesn't take his eyes off me, just runs them all over my body. His gaze is almost palpable, leaving a fiery trail behind.

"Ren..." I whisper pleadingly, reaching my hand to his cheek and pulling his face to mine, kissing him softly. How long was he going to just stare at me?!

"Ivy, are you sure about this? If we go through with it, you'll be immortal. You'll stay like this forever. You'll be mine forever." Ren whispers against my lips. I swear to god! How can a man as old as him be so oblivious?!

"I'm sure, Ren." I smile at him. "Now are you going to mate me or not?" I glare at him, making him chuckle in amusement.

"Impatient, are we?" He nibbles on my neck, licking and sucking my mark, making me moan in pleasure. I heard that the mark is sensitive, but I had no idea it was this intense.

Through my lustful haze I barely notice Ren taking off his shirt or ripping my clothes off. I open my eyes – I don't even know when I closed them – when I hear my mate's loud growl, only to see him staring hungrily at my almost bare body, covered only in white lacy underwear. I hate to thank Lia for this. Ren seems to appreciate the view.

"You're so beautiful." He breathes out, trailing his lips over my chest, kissing every inch of my exposed skin before he catches the lacy bra with his teeth and gently pulls it down. I can't help but moan loudly when he suddenly starts sucking on my nipple, tweaking the other one with his nimble fingers. How does he support his whole body on one arm is beyond me, but for some reason his strength only makes me wetter.