Chapter 42

Ivy

This is a really messed up situation. I literally have no idea what's going on right now.

Lia has just told us that the guys that bothered us at a club the night I first met Ren had the same tattoos as the men that launched the attacks on the werewolf packs few months ago. That can't be a coincidence.

The moment Ren sees the pictures on Lia's phone, his whole body goes rigid and his arms tighten around me as he growls in fury. I carefully put my hand on the nape of his neck and gently rub it with my fingers. When I see that it barely has any effect on him, I lean up to give him a peck.

And it works! Of course he wants a kiss.

Ren squeezes me tightly in his arms and buries his face in my hair, inhaling deeply. As much as it's a little embarrassing to have him do that in front of others, I know Ren needs to calm down to deal with this rationally. We can't let our emotions get the best of us.

Once my Ren has calmed down a bit, I turn back towards the table, not surprised to see everyone staring at me. Lia seems to notice my discomfort and sends me a quick wink, making me giggle quietly. She's so cheeky.

"So you're thinking that the same people harassed you and Lorenzo's mate are involved with the group that attacked the packs?" Luna Thea stares at Lia questioningly.

My friend only sighs heavily as she leans against Blake, dragging her hand over her face. "And you're not? – she counters – Tell me you don't find it suspicious. Some guys with the same tattoos as the attackers harass me and Ivy at a club then threaten her as I beat them up, and then, the very next day there's a series of attacks on werewolf packs that force Lorenzo to break his word given to his mate just to deal with that shit." She leans her arms on the table and gives Luna Thea a serious look. Wow, how is she not afraid of that woman?! She's an UNDEAD!!!

We all stay quiet for a moment, just digesting what Lia has said. She's right. It's suspicious.

"So what are you saying, Lia?" Ren questions sternly. I take his hand in mine and squeeze it reassuringly. He's so tense...

"I'm saying that there's got to be more to this shit than we think. Remember what I told Ivy when we met up at our place that night?" I glance at Ren imploringly, but he only shakes his head. I rack my brain to try to recall what Lia said to me that night, but I come up with nothing. "One of those fuckers, namely the one who grabbed her, said something like she got lucky that night and I also remember he mentioned her father at some point. How weird is that?" I feel my eyes widen in shock as the memory hits me. She did say something like that. That guy supposedly said that I should be careful or I can get sent to my dad... in pieces.

"He threatened to kill me and send me to my dad." I breathe out shakily.

"Exactly."

"And your father has connection to that Jake guy." Blake adds, getting a loud growl from Alpha Hunter. Since there are three people with the same surname here, we all agreed to address each other by our first names. Of course, that doesn't include me and Ren, since none of them want to 'disrespect' us. Well, almost none of them, since Luna Thea, Lia and Blake have no qualms calling us by our names.

"Jake? You mean Alpha Armstrong?" Luna Skye gasps, turning to her mate fearfully.

"Hold on! You're connected to that traitor?!" Luna Thea snarls at me, making me flinch in fear.

"Watch your tone, Beast. You're speaking to your Alpha Queen!" Ren growls warningly and I can clearly hear Wolfie's voice mixed in with his.

"Fuck you! That son of a bitch tortured my son!" Luna Thea yells, pointing at Alpha Hunter as her eyes flash red. I can't help but tremble at the murderous aura she exudes. This is Beast in all her glory. Calm and collected Luna Thea is gone.