Chapter 65

Third Person POV

The King's allies are waiting anxiously for their enemies to arrive. Aiden, Asher and their group of fifty warriors are in the back of the Alpha's house, while Ivy, the Kingstons, the Deads and the remaining twenty warriors are in the front, right where an army of almost two hundred men is heading.

The alliance has no idea what force they're about to face, but they're not worried. With four Undeads on their side, one of them being a hybrid, two snipers on the roof, one of them being a white witch that has acquired powers of her ancestor, and an immortal queen, they feel more powerful than a bunch of rogues and humans that are heading their way.

Lia's reveal about her identity has brought nothing but assurance for the wolves sent to aid the King in the war. They felt that the young girl was not an average human, but it was only after she informed them about her witch ancestry did they understand who she really was.

Ivy stands stiffly next to Thea, waiting for the enemy to come in pure fear, never having taken part in a fight, much less a war. She can feel she's much stronger than she used to be, but she has no idea how strong she really is. It took her by surprise when she unintentionally used her inhuman speed to go to the bathroom earlier, nearly running into the wall. She crossed the big room she and Lorenzo have been staying at in the blink of an eye.

"That thundering heart of yours is driving me crazy." Thea chuckles amusedly, throwing a teasing glance at the young queen beside her.

"Sorry. – Ivy sighs shakily – I'm just anxious."

"I can tell. But there's nothing to be afraid of. We won't let you die." Thea responds, but before she can say anything more, a deafening growl resounds through the area.

A growl that belongs to none other than the King.

Onyx charges at the man in front of him with murderous intent, pinning the man to the ground in a split second and tearing into his neck.

Which is a mistake on his part.

Armstrong anticipates the move and lets the King attack him, knowing that he will go for the neck like he'd do with a normal werewolf. That one mistake is all Armstrong needs. He slams his fist into Onyx's muzzle, breaking it in one hit and making the King stumble slightly. His newfound strength that came with becoming an Undead is all he needs to destroy the alpha king.

Or so he thinks.

Armstrong's hit does nothing but infuriate Onyx. The huge wolf growls lowly then bites onto Jake's head, his jaw already healed after the punch. Keeping the newly-made Undead in his jaws, he starts shaking his head as if playing with a chew-toy, dislocating Jake's joints one by one as he yells in pain. Once the King is satisfied with the amount of pain inflicted on the fucker, he slams Jake's body on the ground and, keeping him still with his paw, drags his canines over the old alpha's head, cracking his skull open.

Onyx doesn't feel completely pleased with this, yet. He wants Armstrong to die the most painful death.

Well, he wanted to.

With his mate on the front lines, he doesn't want to waste time in killing the arrogant alpha that dared hurt his queen. He needs to get back to Ivy as soon as possible. In order to do that, he needs to get rid of Armstrong.

The Undead alpha doesn't even have time to react when the King mercilessly scratches at his chest, ripping his skin open and breaking his bones as he digs for the heart. It's not long before Onyx finds what he's been looking for and rips it out of Jake's chest with his teeth, growling in satisfaction as his enemy's wide red eyes slowly lose the spark in them, leaving only two empty voids behind.