Chapter 61

Ivy

Holy crap! Lia is literally the most mysterious person I've ever met! Just when I thought nothing could surprise me, something comes up.

"Wait... if that Xan..., whatever her name is, was Thalia's ancestor... then isn't she also your ancestor?" I wonder out loud, getting a quiet sigh from Lia.

"Yeah. – she breathes out – But that doesn't mean I'm going to follow their plan to kill Lorenzo. I mean...Thalia said in my dream that it's supposed to be my duty or whatever, but I think holding grudges for ten generations is just petty. Like, okay, I get being mad, but not for this long. Lorenzo may have killed Xanthe, but his action was justified in my opinion. Xanthe cursed his father with a beast and immortal life then split his soul into two. She deserved what she got, so telling her descendants, specifically those who share the same power as her, to kill Lorenzo... is petty, childish and insane. Who does that?" Lia scoffs indignantly, playing with Blake's hands distractedly.

"How do you know all that? And how exactly did Xanthe tell her descendants to kill me?" Ren questions.

"Thalia told me. I told you already, I've spent years with her in that dream. Decades of being trapped with that woman forced me to listen to her blabbering. You should thank whatever god you believe in that Ivy's not a chatterbox. You have no idea what it's like to listen to someone for eighty years straight." Lia sighs heavily, slumping against her man's chest.

"Wait, does that mean that you're mentally ninety-nine now? – Blake chuckles getting a glare from Lia in response – That would mean you'll be a hundred years old when we get married. Damn, kitten, you're a cougar, dating a twenty-year-old." We all burst out laughing at the disgusted scowl on Lia's face.

"Eww! Don't ever say that to me again. I'm still nineteen, technically eighteen."

"With the mind of a grandma." Blake teases.

"You're sleeping on the couch." Lia states sternly, getting up from her man's lap.

"No, I'm not. You know you won't be able to sleep without me." Blake retorts smugly, stubbornly pulling Lia back to him despite her struggles to get away.

"Don't talk back to your elders, Blake." Lia admonishes with a teasing smirk, patting Blake's cheek pointedly. How can they joke around so casually right now? Unbelievable!

"As cute as it is to listen to your banter, I don't think it's the right time for this. – Thea intercepts gently – Did you learn anything else from Thalia?"

"I asked her about the Undeads, actually... - I notice Ren tense up at this - At first, she didn't want to cooperate and tell my anything, but she spilled the beans after I beat her up."

"You beat her up?" I raise my brow questioningly.

"When you're in a dream, everything's possible. Apparently witches can have physical forms even in dreams. And since I bear Thalia's mark, she couldn't avoid getting hit by me – Lia shrugs with a smirk – That was the weirdest experience I've ever had. You have no idea how freaky it is to fight in your dream..." She chuckles quietly, shaking her head incredulously. "Bitch got the surprise of her life when I smashed my fist into her face."

"You spent so much time in that dream space... How did you manage to get out?" I ask curiously. This whole thing is beyond fascinating!

"I killed the bitch." Lia says casually.

"What? Why?!" I gasp in shock.

"She pissed me off."

"How exactly?" Ren smirks teasingly.