Chapter 35

Lorenzo

It's been two days since Ivy's heat ended and I couldn't be happier. The bond is really strong and Ivy and I have been closer than ever. We're inseparable. We spend every minute of the day together, whether it's talking, reading books, watching movies or even me working. Due to the situation with those anonymous attackers, I've been quite busy. While I was locked away during Ivy's heat, Alex tried to find more about the attacks and people behind it.

But we're stuck.

All of the attackers were found dead.

The only ones that I managed to get were the guys caught by Beast. The only lead I have is the ancient alpha king emblem on their necks.

I'm pulled from my thoughts by the sound of quiet giggles coming from the girls. I can't help but smile when I see them cuddling on the couch as they read something. I'm pretty sure it's a book about witches, so I have no idea what it is that they found so funny, but it's cute to see my Ivy laughing so freely. She's been more at ease for the last days and it's endearing to watch.

"What got you in such good mood, ladies?" I ask curiously, my work completely forgotten.

"Nothing." Ivy giggles. I raise my brow at her questioningly, now even more curious than earlier.

"Did you know that witches can change weather?" Ivy almost bounces in her seat in excitement.

I chuckle at her. "Of course I did. I wrote that book, love." I tell her with a wink.

"Oh, right. – she laughs – Sorry, I forgot."

"No problem, love. So what is it about this weather thing?"

"Lia could make it snow!" Ivy exclaims, clapping excitedly.

"Ivy, I'm not a witch, I just have their blood." Lia says, shaking her head.

"But maybe you can train! Lorenzo knows about witches, he could train you!" Ivy looks at me pleadingly, knowing that I will always give in to her cute pout and puppy eyes.

"I'm not that educated in the ways of magic, my love. And witches aren't trained, they either have power or not. – I explain shortly – Every witch has her unique innate ability that they can develop with time."

"Oh... - Ivy nods in understanding then turns to Lia - But that's even more exciting! You can try to find out what your ability is! I can't wait to see you do magic!" She claps cheerfully,

"You're more thrilled about this than me." Lia laughs.

"Well why aren't you?! You're a witch! It's awesome! Right Ren? Tell her it's awesome!" I chuckle at my mate's enthusiasm, smiling at her nickname for me.

"Ivy's right. It might be interesting to see what your ability is. Your great-grandmother specialized in manipulating organic matter, but that doesn't mean you're the same." I shrug, getting a cute annoyed scowl from Ivy and an unimpressed look from Lia.

"Seriously?"

"What? – I defend – I'm only saying. It's up to you if you want to be a witch or not."

"I don't. I enjoy my life and I'd rather not ruin it for some stupid magic. It's crazy enough that my friend is a werewolf's girl." Lia glances pointedly at Ivy, making her blush as she ducks her head shyly.

"Mate." I correct.

"Yeah, yeah, mate. Whatever. – Lia rolls her eyes at me – I need to get some fresh air." She sighs, getting up from the couch and walking out of the office, leaving me alone with Ivy.