Chapter 68

Lorenzo

After I took my sweet queen to our bedroom, we took a long shower together, washing away both the dirt we got on us and the worries that plagued our minds. The hot water helped my mate calm down and made her quite sleepy, which is why I wanted to put her to sleep.

But all it got me was a harsh glare. Ivy did not like the idea of taking a nap. At all.

It took all my willpower to not gather her in my arms and kissing her senseless at the sight of her adorable scowl. She's so fucking cute when she's angry!

Since my sweet queen didn't want to leave me, I've decided to take her with me to the clinic to check on the injured. It's been an hour since they were brought to the infirmary and I'm worried about them.

I've never seen Lia heal anyone, so who knows if she can save them...

With Ivy's hand in mine, I walk towards the clinic, throwing a furtive glance at Thea as she goes from one dead body to another, doing god-knows-what to them. I don't even want to know what she's doing. That woman is from another world, I swear.

When we reach the room where all the injured warriors are lying, we're met by a sight straight from a fairytale. Blake is sitting in the armchair with brightly glowing Lia cradled in his arms while the warriors from the King's Guard and other packs sit on their beds, letting the witch's aura heal them.

How the hell is Blake so calm when his woman is literally glowing is beyond me. I guess that at this point it doesn't matter to him what Lia does.

"Your Majesties." The warriors greet simultaneously, bowing their heads in greeting.

"Quiet! – Blake hisses before I can even respond, glaring at the men – You'll wake her up." He grumbles, covering Lia's ear with his hand, pressing her head to his chest.

"Sorry." Cade chuckles, looking at the young witch with pure amusement.

"How are you guys doing?" I ask seriously, still not releasing Ivy's hand from mine as I walk up closer to the men.

"We're doing much better, Your Majesty. – Cade responds – Whatever she's doing, it's working miracles. I'm completely healed already." He gestures at Lia with his head.

"The only ones that are still not healed fully are those three. – Ivan adds – But considering how fast they're getting better, it won't take long for them to be back on their feet."

"That's good to hear. – I nod then turn to Blake – How are you not freaked out?" I question curiously, getting a hard squeeze on my hand from Ivy.

"Don't be mean!" She scolds me through the mind link, almost making me chuckle in amusement.

"About what?" Blake tilts his head in confusion, frowning at me.

"Your woman is literally glowing if you haven't noticed..." I point at Lia's body that shines brightly enough to lighten up the whole room.

"I know. – Blake shrugs casually – So what? Do you seriously think I'd be surprised by anything at this point? My girl is a witch, she struck another witch with lightning, she's immune to fire and she has acquired her great-grandmother's power through a dream." He recounts, giving me a deadpan look.

He's right. After having so much shit happen to them, nothing is too shocking – even having his woman glow brightly doesn't bother him.

"Is she always like this?" Ivy asks quietly, giggling amusedly when Lia suddenly throws her arm over Blake's shoulder, snuggling into him even more.