Chapter 56

Onyx

Lorenzo kept me away for way too long. Technically, Ivy is already ours, but I still wanted to claim her myself, which is why I couldn't let my chance pass when it finally came.

I was afraid that I would be too rough with our mate, but she seemed as eager as me, reciprocating my passion with equal fervor.

Though I still wore her out. After taking my woman over and over again, she fell asleep from exhaustion with a satisfied smile on her face. Had it not been for her having our abilities I would've been worried about hurting her, but I know she's already healed and she won't be even sore once she wakes up.

I hope she wakes up soon, I can't wait to see her gorgeous chocolate eyes and sweet smile. It's been so long since I was alone with my queen and I want to cherish every moment I get.

Keeping my queen in my arms, I trail my nose over her slender neck, peppering feathery kisses all over her skin, paying special attention to her mark. This tiny slip of a woman has the power to bring me to my knees like no other. I will do everything for her.

I don't know how long I stay watching my little queen sleep and caressing her soft skin with my fingers, but after some time I hear someone outside of our room. Whoever the person is, they don't even bother staying quiet.

"Who's there?" Ivy asks groggily, throwing her arm around me as she rolls over. I chuckle quietly at her sleepy cuteness and kiss her head lovingly.

"I would have to get up to find out, my queen."

"Wolfie?" My queen smiles sweetly as she raises her head a bit, leaning her chin on my chest as she stares at me tiredly.

"Yes, my queen. How are you feeling? I hope I didn't hurt you..." I cup her small head and trace my thumb over her cheek.

"I'm okay. Sleepy, but okay. Funnily enough, I'm not even sore. I really like this whole fast healing thing." She giggles happily. "And... I'm a bit hungry." She adds shyly and her cheeks turn adorable pink.

"Very well, then. Let's get you ready and I'll take you to eat." I tell her then carefully disentangle myself from her hold, getting a harsh glare at the move, which turns to a shocked gasp when my queen notices we're both naked.

"Wolfie, we don't have clothes! – she exclaims, quickly covering herself with the blanket – We can't possibly go out like this!"

I glance at our clothes scattered all over the floor, ripped into pieces. The only thing that survived my attack yesterday are my jeans, so I quickly put them on, enjoying the furious redness that adorns my mate's cheeks as she watches me.

Once I'm dressed, well – half-dressed, I go to the door to get our bags from the car, only to stop in my tracks when I notice a piece of paper slipped under the door.

"What is it?" Ivy questions curiously, clearly noticing my confusion.

"It's a note." I pick up the paper and flip it over, nearly bursting in laughter when I see the message.

"Horny idiots."

That cheeky human, I swear...

"What is it?" Ivy pries. I hand her the small note, loving the sound of her giggle as she reads the short message. "That's so mean!" She laughs heartily, rolling in bed happily.

With a shake of my head, I open the door, only to sigh heavily when I see our bags on the floor. That witch... she's unbelievable.

I take the bags and bring them inside, setting them both on the bed. "Let's get you dressed and fed, my queen." I grin at my mate, getting an amused giggle in response before she crawls towards me, letting go of her blanket in the process.