Chapter 54

Lorenzo

I notice my little queen rub her forehead tiredly as she thinks about everything that was revealed over the last few hours.

"Tired, my love?" I ask her worriedly, getting a quiet sigh in response as Ivy leans her head against my chest.

"Not really... It's just so overwhelming. So much is happening and we still don't have any answers." She murmurs quietly and I rub her back comfortingly.

"How long till we land?" Thea asks curiously.

I check my watch quickly. "Almost two hours."

"Do you have any transport arranged to get us from the airport? I'm guessing we're not running all the way to the pack."

"I do. I already talked to Cade. He'll get some men to pick us all up from Hotchkiss. I have my private airport there."

"You have private airports all over the country, so I'm not even surprised." Thea chuckles, shaking her head.

"Really?" Ivy gasps in shock.

"I told you I'm influential, my love. When you live as long as me then it's quite easy to accumulate fortune." I smirk smugly at the dumbstruck expression on my little queen's face.

"I had no idea you're that rich! Holy crap!" She exclaims.

"Now you're rich too, my love. What's mine is yours." I declare, pressing a loving kiss to her head.

Ivy blushes adorably, like every time I'm being affectionate and hides her face in my chest, making me chuckle amusedly. She stays hidden for a while before pulling away and leaning over to glance behind me.

"Hi Lia!" She greets cheerfully as the young human groggily walks to the empty seat beside us.

"Hey. You look much better now..." Lia says, yawning loudly.

"And you look much worse. Tired?"

"No... I just need to wake up properly. – the young human yawns again, rubbing her eyes sleepily before staring at Ivy with a curious frown – Are you aware that your eyes are gold?"

"What?!" Ivy gasps, turning to me in shock. "Is it true?"

I'm actually surprised to see that Ivy's eyes are indeed gold instead of usual chocolate brown. "Yeah."

"Why?!"

"Remember how I told you that you'll gain my abilities after we've mated?"

"Yeah..."

"Did you notice that your senses are much sharper now?"

"Yeah..."

"And did you notice that wolves from king's bloodline have golden eyes?"

"Yeah... Oh... so that's why..."

"So you're saying that she's a werewolf now?" Lia scrunches her brows in confusion, staring at us imploringly.

"Pretty much. But she doesn't have a wolf, so she won't shift. Ivy just has the abilities of a werewolf. Her senses are already getting sharper and her speed and strength will gradually increase until they match mine." I explain, making Lia nod in approval.

"Holy damn, you're gonna be strong, girl!" She smirks, making Lia giggle.

"Now it's my turn to protect you!"

"Yeah, yeah."

The rest of the flight goes peacefully. As I talk with Leo, Hunter and Blake, the women chatter happily in the lounge area, giggling occasionally at something. I feel a shiver go down my spine every time they burst out laughing, absolutely hating not knowing what they're laughing about. There's nothing more terrifying than a group of women giggling out of nowhere.