Chapter 6

Lorenzo

She's here.

Right in front of me.

My mate.

I watch as my little mate lunges at Lia, engulfing her in a tight hug with her small delicate arms. "I'm sorry I ran away. Please tell me you're not hurt." She cries out.

Lia puts her arm around my mate's shoulders, smiling at her softly. I've never seen such expression on Lia's face. She's always been so stoic and composed. "I'm fine, Ivy. I'm not hurt. You'd be surprised how good I am at fighting." She chuckles patting my mate's back before turning to me.

"What are you doing here? And how did you find me?"

"I followed your scent." I smirk.

Lia just laughs it off, probably thinking I'm joking. She has no idea how true my statement is. I really did smell her when I came to this club, but I had no idea my mate was with her.

"Yeah, right. – Lia sighs – Sorry, but I have to talk to Vegas about those fuckers. They put their hands on me and Ivy even when we said 'no'. The club that owns this place doesn't take lightly to that." Lia smirks cruelly, as if she knows something I don't.

"I'll trust you on that. – I nod – So how about you talk to that Vegas while I escort your friend out?"

My mate looks frightened at the prospect of leaving her friend and I don't blame her. She just got fucking assaulted! If it weren't for Lia already beating those men, I would kill them for putting their hands on my woman.

"It's okay, Ivy. This guy's a friend." Lia assures with a smile then whispers something into her ear, making my mate release her from her arms before she gives me a shy smile.

So her name is Ivy.

Ivy. Symbol of love, friendship and eternal life. How fitting.

"Shall we, my lady?" I bow chivalrously, offering my hand to my sweet mate.

Ivy giggles cutely, putting her tiny hand in mine. "We shall." She curtsies. Oh my sweet mate. Absolutely adorable.

I keep Ivy's hand in mine as I lead her to the other room, where I know Blake is. I'm surprised he didn't hear the fight, but in his defense, the rooms are quite far from each other. The main room is by the entrance and that's where most people stay. I have a feeling not many know about the other rooms here. No one just wanders around a club out of boredom.

"Ivy? – Blake notices us first, jumping from the bar stool he was sitting on – What happened? Why are you with him? Whose blood is this?" He asks frantically, glancing around us to seek his woman. I understand his panic. If I saw my woman's friend walk in covered in blood with my woman nowhere in sight, I would panic too.

"This is..."

"I know who this is. Where's Lia?"

I decide to answer, seeing how Ivy seems too shaken up to do that. "Some guys bothered them, so Lia beat them up pretty badly. She said she's going to talk to some Vegas and sort it out. I decided to take Ivy here to you."

"And why are you here?" Blake folds his arms over his chest, but I don't miss the quick glance he throws at my and Ivy's joined hands.

"Funny, your woman asked the same thing." I chuckle.

I see three guys come up to Blake, flanking him on both sides, seeming ready for a fight. "Blake, any troubles?" The brunette on his right asks.

"It's fine guys."