Chapter 21

Lorenzo

Nothing can beat the feeling of my mate in my arms when I wake up. Absolutely nothing.

Opening my eyes only to see my little Ivy watching me with those gorgeous chocolate orbs is beyond amazing. It feels right. It's just as it should be.

The only thing wrong is the setting.

I'd rather wake up with her in our bed, not in a hospital, but I'll take what I can get.

"Good morning, love." I greet warmly, caressing her delicate cheek softly. How I wish she could talk to me, but with the swelling from the mark and the tube in her throat it's impossible.

"I hope you had good rest, my love. I'd love to take you home with me today. – she frowns fearfully at this, panting heavily – No, please, don't be scared my love. I won't hurt you like that man. I'll take care of you. I have a doctor already at my house, along with a nurse that will help you in everyday activities. But if you're not comfortable with that, I can ask the hospital staff to help." I gently tell her, slightly worried when she seems only more scared. But at the mention of the doctor, she starts patting my arm lightly.

"Yes, what is it love?"

She whimpers quietly, frantically trying to nod her head at the wall opposite to the bed. I glance at the huge dent in the wall, frowning in confusion before an idea strikes me. "The doctor that was here? – she nods – You want him?" She nods again, as much as she can at least.

"Okay. I'll get him to come with you." I assure, pressing a kiss to her forehead, making her blush adorably.

Seeing how shy she is being, I decide to give her some space. "I'll go find that doctor, okay?" She whimpers in fear, putting her hand on my arm and gripping on it desperately. "What is it love? You don't want to be alone, do you?" I question knowingly, getting a short nod in response as she whimpers again.

I sigh worriedly at her then nod. "Alright, I won't leave you." I reassure her, happy to see her immediately relaxing. I close my eyes for a moment and mind link Alex to find out who's the doctor in charge of my mate and bring him here.

When I open my eyes, I see Ivy watching me curiously, as if she's trying to figure me out. I can only smile at her. She's so adorable. And she's finally in my arms. After all those months, she's finally in my grasp.

After a short while, Ivy starts moaning through her tube at something at the door and I slowly get off the bed, getting a dejected pout from my mate. So cute.

"Morning Yvette. It's good to see you awake." A man in a white coat greets with a smile. I quickly read his name. Dr. Leon Morris. "I'm sorry about yesterday, I can only imagine how shocked and scared you were." He sympathetically states, staring at my mate worriedly.

I stay quiet as he asks her a few questions, getting only a nod or shake of her head in response.

"Now, to the more important thing. Do you remember what happened yesterday?" He asks worriedly, getting a short nod from Ivy.

"Did you have any flashbacks after the incident?" She shakes her head this time.

The doctor gestures at me. "Do you know this man?" Another shake. She doesn't know me? What the hell?

"Are you scared of him?" Another shake. She's not scared of me.

"Does this man make you feel anxious like the other two that were here?" Ivy hesitates for a second, throwing a curious glance my way, before shaking her head.

"Okay, Yvette-"

"Ivy. She goes by Ivy." I correct the doctor sternly.

"Is that so? – he turns to Ivy – Would you rather I called you Ivy?" My mate keeps her eyes on me, nodding slowly.