Chapter 10 - Thinking and thinking

The next weeks everyone was working hard as usual, but we couldn't wait to finish shooting season 1 as we were very near to the end.

I still couldn't seem to get close to Clari, but Carla seems to like me as she's coming to the shooting even though she doesn't have to yet. She also seems weirdly shy around me for some reason...

She seems nice too and friendly... But what am I thinking?! I can't possibly like her that much, can I? Or do I just want Clari to feel jealous?

Maybe...

- Diego! What are you thinking about now?? - asked Alfredo who was sitting next to me in the rest room.

- I don't know... So many things... - I replied - I'm thinking about Carla... Thinking about the weekend... And Clari...

- Wait... Why are you thinking about Carla?

- She seems really nice...

- Do you want to use her to make Clari jealous?? - Alfredo snapped.

- Don't be stupid! - I groaned - She's smarter than that anyway... She has already realized that I like Clari the last time we were together at lunch...

- Uhm... Then what's your plan?

- Nothing.

- Nothing?

- Nothing. I have no plans... I'll just do what I usually do and be her friend... That's all.

- Then you can be her friend now... - Alfredo said as he stood up and walked away.

- What...?

Just then Clari sat next to me, scaring the living Jesus out of me.

- Jesus!

- This is the second time when I'm scaring you like that - she laughed.

- Yeah, true... - I smiled awkwardly.

- What were you thinking about?

- About my meeting with Amanda which will be this weekend!

- Ah, I see... - she mumbled then after a short hesitation she continued - Who's Amanda anyway? Your girlfriend?

I just can't do this... I can't lie to her when she looks so sad like this! I would be a real asshole if I would...

- Uhm... Do you have time on the weekend? If yes then I came make you two meet and then I can explain everything...

- Uhm... Yeah, I can - she smiled.

- There won't be any problem with Dominguez?

- He knows that we're only friends so don't worry - she said as she held my hand.

- Oh yeah... About the kiss...

- Y... Yeah?

- Uhm...

No, I'm too weak. I can't do it...

- Nothing... - I sighed - Just forget about that... It was a mistake...

She now looked even more sad than I was expecting her to be... But why now??

- Clari...

- Yes?

- Why are you so sad now? - I asked her. It might sound dumb, but I wanted her to say it... If the reason is what I think it is.

- I just... I... - she stuttered when I simply decided to pull her into a hug - Diego... - she sighed.

- So will you come with me this weekend to see Amanda? - I asked, changing the subject and kissed her head lovingly.

I don't want to push her with this... I will slowly make her mine...

Uhm... Anyway...

- Yeah, I will - she smiled, seemed to be much calmer now - I'm slightly curious now anyway so I would go with you even if you don't want to!

I just laughed and pulled her into another hug then soon we went to go back to work.