Chapter 29 - Moving in

The same day I went to Clari's apartment and helped her to get her stuff before Dominguez arrives then we headed to my house.

The whole time she was so worried and really stressed, but I tried to calm her down as much as I could.

- Don't stress yourself... - I said as I held her hand while I was driving to my house - Everything will be fine... He soon will notice that he's making a huge mistake...

Clari now looked at me.

- Do you want me to go back to him? - she asked.

It was red light now so I could look at her.

- Honestly... No, I don't want you to go back... But you seem to want to go back... So I only wish this for you...

- Diego...

She squeezed my hand gently as we were dead quiet while we arrived to my house.

I let her in while helping her with her bags and when we arrived suddenly I saw Mirta coming from the kitchen and looking confused.

- Huh? What's going on here? - she asked.

- In short Clari will live here for a while so would you...

- I will get a room ready for her! - said Mirta with a smile as she went upstairs.

- Your house is huge! - said Clari after a while of silent - And you're living here alone??

- Most of the time yes... But before I've been living here with Annalise and Amanda and I didn't really want to get rid of this house... Since Amanda likes to come here too.

- I see - she smiled - But... I really won't be a bother to you at Christmas either? I mean... I probably will be only a day, or two away to my family and then...

- Why would you be a bother? - I asked her - I told you that I love you and I'm always here to help, didn't I?

- Yeah, you did...

- Then stop asking me silly questions! - I smiled - You're staying!

Now she smiled too and hugged me.

- Thank you... I really do appreciate it...

- You're always welcome - I replied - Now... When your room is ready feel free to get comfortable then you can use the bathroom and if you need anything just tell me, or Mirta... Whenever she's here too.

- Okay...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Later that night we had dinner, but Clari still seemed upset as Dominguez wasn't too interested in where is she at all.

After we finished with dinner Clari sat in the living room and I sat next to her when suddenly my phone began to ring and it was Amanda.

She called me about the christmas plans and I told her about what happened so far after she left and also about Clari, but I also asked her to not to tell Annalise about all this because I'm sure she'd just try to make Clari feel awful which she really doesn't need right now.

After a few minutes of talking we hung up and I went to sit back.

- It was Amanda? - Clari asked.

- Yeah. She's coming over for christmas - I replied, smiling happily.

- And... Annalise comes too...?

- No, she doesn't - I said - Seems like she has some other business with her lover in Madrid so Amanda comes alone which makes me happy and calm.

- You don't say... - Clari let out a deep sigh of relief.

- Yeah... So it will be the three of us!

Clari didn't say anything to this, she smiled then rested her head on my shoulder which I found really cute.

We didn't say any more things to each other, we just sat there for a while in complete silent then later on we went to sleep.