Chapter 22 - Te quiero

The last few days passed by in peace and Annalise seemed to be much more calm than she was before and soon they flew back to Madrid.

Even though they left me and Amanda were talking about that she's coming over when she has her birthday and with that she'll be able to travel without her mother's permission since she'll be officially adult... But for me she'll always be my little girl.

Anyway... I've noticed that Clari is avoiding to meet me if it's not about work and I know it was because of Annalise and the picture so I had to do something.

On one afternoon I decided to go to her apartment and since I knew Dominguez is not in the city I wasn't scared to do anything.

When I arrived I saw her car on the street so I was sure that she's home, but when I knocked she didn't open it.

Then I decided to ring her and she picked it up...

- Hey! Are you home? - I asked her.

- Yeah... - she replied - Do we need to practise, or what?

Her answer was so cold.

- I just wanted to talk... Can I come in? I'm at the door...

- Diego, I... Don't think this is a good idea...

And with that she hang up.

- What... Why... - I muttered to myself - She must be still mad...

I heard her walking back and forth inside the house, near the door so I decided to talk to her anyway.

- Clari, I know you're there and I know Dominguez is not home already...

No answer, but I sensed her near the door so I continued.

- Clari... I know you're mad at me... Or I don't know what are you feeling right now, but you have to know... That you are my one and only love...

I sat down next to the door on the floor while leaning against the wall.

- Annalise was lying all along. She wanted to get me back for... I have no idea why and tried to make me believe that she actually loves me, but she doesn't... And I don't love her either...

At this moment I heard a big sigh from the other side of the door.

- She tried to break me and Amanda apart and told me a few days ago that she'll make sure that I'll never see her again... But luckily Amanda heard it and she refused... She'll be 18 in 9 months so after that she can visit me whenever she wants to...

Still no respond, but I felt her presence.

- Clari.... Since I first saw you I fell in love with you. My heart beats faster... Even now, but this time because of being scared... Scared of losing your trust... Scared of losing your friendship... Because I know there can't be anything more...

I took a deep breath then continued.

- You and Amanda are the most important people for me and I'd do anything for both of you. I'd never lie to you about anything... Mostly not about Annalise. She just wanted to use me... Or to be honest I don't know what she wanted, but it's obvious that she didn't want to come back because she loves me...

Then I stood up, leaned closer to the door and said:

- Te quiero, mi amor....