Chapter 17 - I still love you

A few days later it was time to take Annalise out on a dinner and I really wasn't ready to that, but I don't want any argument either. It will be just one dinner and she'll be going back to Madrid so it's fine...

But what about Clari? I haven't talked to her since that meeting and I'm worried if she got the bad idea about me and Annalise so somehow I need to make sure nothing bad is gonna happen.

I let her stay in my house as there was 2 more free rooms so she could stay there and I was waiting for her downstairs for 5 minutes when she came down in the exact same dress that she wore when we first met. I remembered that. It brings back old memories...

Amanda came down behind her.

- You look beautiful... - I said with a smile.

- Thank you - Annalise grinned - Now... Shall we go?

- Yeah, sure - I nodded as I kissed Amanda on the forehead. She did the same then we left the house.

----- TIME SKIP -----

I took her to a nice restaurant nearby which I remembered she liked back then and I was hoping for her to like it and I was right.

- This is the same place where we...

- Yes, it is - I smiled slightly as We went I and lead her to the table that was already made for us, but I guess the workers here did a bit too much for us. (A/N: Pic in the media)

- Wow... - Annalise gasped - This is so beautiful!

- It is - I mumbled as I just now realized that some of the waiters and waitresses are looking at us and smiling.

They must remember about us from before.

Goddamnit! They must think we're getting back together... Or something like that.

Nevermind.

I decided to be a gentleman and not doing anything stupid as I have no other choice anyway.

When a waiter arrived and gave us the menus we soon gave our orders to him and when we did he left and we began to talk.

- So how are you? - she started - What's up with your work and everything?

- Everything's fine - I replied - I have a fix job for the one more year for sure, but I'll be having a show thing in next months as well. So I don't have anything to worry about in this case.

- That's good to hear - she smiled slightly.

- How about you? Is everything alright with you too?

She seemed surprised for a second.

- Huh? Well... Everything is fine, I suppose...

- Why did you get so surprised?

- I just... Wasn't expecting you to ask that... That's all... - she replied, slightly embarrassed.

This kinda made me smile and we continued talking and when our food has arrive we started eating.

----- TIME SKIP -----

I must admit... The night ended up quite good.

Me and Annalise had a great, but mostly nostalgic night together and after dinner we went to take a walk at the beach.

- You have been making a really good German Castillo in the show - she said - The way he acts around Angie and Jade is just amazing.

- Ah, Jade... You mean being awkward and trying to avoid her? - I laughed.

- Yeah, something like that - she smiled - And about Angie...

- Yes?

- Your acting there reminds me so much of the way you used to treat me when we were together... - she sighed, not even looking at me.

- German is awkward almost all the time... But when he isn't he is a gentleman... - I said as I looked up at the sky - And so am I... Atleast I try to be...

- I know... And this is why I start to think...

- Think about what?

She suddenly stopped, turned to me and held my hand while looked into my eyes.

- Think about why did I actually left you at the first place...

- What... Is that supposed to mean? - I asked, getting confused and a bit scared.

- I...

She sighed then let go of my hand and placed it on my cheek.

- Diego... It has been a long time, but... But I still love you...