Chapter 33 - Happy Family

The next morning I woke up first and I realized Clari was still in my arms and surprisingly she had hers around me.

- How cute... - I mumbled quietly.

A few minutes later she started to wake up too and she seemed surprised first when she saw me looking at her, but then she relaxed right away and smiled.

- Good morning - she muttered in a sleepy voice.

- Good morning, beautiful - I smiled down at her - Did you sleep well?

- Yeah, I did... How about you?

- Perfectly.

- Glad to hear it... - she blushed lightly.

- Uhm... Should we get up now?

- Yeah... Yeah, we should - she mumbled and smiled - And sorry... For keeping you here...

- It's okay - I smiled back at her - I enjoyed being around you...

- Oh really? - she giggled - And could you sleep well too? I mean... Wasn't I too much of a bother to you?

- Huh? Nooo! You know... Having you in my arms was the most comfortable and happy thing that happened to me lately...

- You're crazy! - she mumbled and blushed deeply.

- I'm crazy for you... - I smiled at her and kissed the top of her head and later on we both got up.

----- TIME SKIP -----

One more week passed and Dominguez didn't even look at Clara even once, but for a few days now it didn't seem to bother her either.

She was looking for my attention more than before and I was really happy about that.

The christmas break has came and after the cast christmas party me and Clara went to get Amanda from the airport since she's coming over for christmas, but surprisingly once again... Annalise came with her too.

- Ah... what a surprise... - I groaned sarcastically.

- Nice to see you too, Diego - Annalise said, also sarcastically then looked over at Clari - What is she doing here??

- She'll be with us on this holiday - I replied firmly.

- Why? Shouldn't she be with her boyfriend?

- What do you care? It's not your business!

- It is if my daughter will be with a...

- Don't you dare say it! And she's a fine lady... Not like you... - I hissed, the last party a bit quietly - Now.. if you don't have anything else to say....

- Tch... Fine, I'll go... - she groaned then quickly left.

When I turned around I saw a smiling Amanda and a sad Clari behind me which I didn't know how to react to at first, but then I pulled both of them into a tight hug before he headed to my car and went home together.

----- TIME SKIP -----

When we arrived home everyone was finally calm and I asked Mirta to make us some tea to calm down.

- Annalise really does not like me at all... - Clari mumbled.

- I don't know why hough.. But she doesn't... - I groaned - But don't worry about her... I love you... And Amanda loves you... Am I right, Amanda? - I said as I looked over to my daughter who just nodded and hugged both of us.

- Yes, right! - she said.

- Thank you... both of you... - Clari smiled - You two are too kind to me...

- Nah! You deserve it! - I pulled both girls into a hug - Anyway... How about we decorate the house now? I haven't done anything here yet because I had no time... Plus I wanted to wait until my princess comes...

- Who? Me? - Amanda gasped.

- Who else, my princess? - I giggled and kissed her head.

- Then let's do it! - she jumped up and we all headed to get the decorations and start to decorate and as we did that I got a sudden feeling... Not bad, but good... Something I haven't felt for a long time...

- A happy family... - I mumbled to myself as I looked at the girls working on the decorations.

- Stop mumbling there, Dad and help us! - snapped Amanda.

- Coming, coming! - I laughed as I went to join them.