Chapter 23 - At Clari's house

- Te quiero, mi amor... - I said then I turned around to leave when I heard the door open behind me then I felt someone grabbing my arm weakly and when I turned back I saw Clari standing there with her head down - Clari...

- I'm sorry... - she mumbled, still not looking up at me - I'm... Sorry...

The way she said it and how sad she looked just broke my heart. I did't know what to say so instead of saying anything I pulled her into my arms and hugged her tightly.

- Don't you dare cry here... - I said jokingly while caressing her back gently - Nothing happened that you need to be sad about...

- But I.... I thought you... A-And... And I shouldn't... I'm... Ah...

- Stop now... - I smiled and kissed her head.

- Come in... - she suddenly said as she got out of my arms and pulled me inside the house...

Inside an angry little puppy ran up to us and started growling at me.

- Vincent, stop! - Clari demanded, but he didn't seem to stop.

He then sniffed me a few times before he started wagging his tail.

- Well... Everything seem to be fine now - I smiled as I patted his head while Clari was standing next to us, surprised.

- He likes you... - she mumbled - That's interesting...

- Well... I'm a dog lover after all... Probably this is what he feels...

- Yeah... And he feels that you're a good person too - Clari smiled then hugged me - A good person who makes his owner happy...

- Oh really? - I smiled as I looked at her again.

- Y-Yeah... - she stuttered as she came closer and kissed me on the cheek - Did you... Did you think everything seriously?

- Hm?

- That... That what you just said... At the door...

- Yeah, I did - I nodded as I looked into her eyes - But no need to say anything. I know your feelings are not the same as mine... I'm happy if we can stay friends...

- I wish it would be that easy... - she muttered under her breath.

- Clari... You know you can trust me... You can tell me if you have any problem...

- Diego... - Clari sighed - I... There's no problem at all... Don't worry about me... - she smiled.

- Are you sure?

- Yeah, I am...

- Okay... But you know you can one to me whenever you want to, understood?

- Yes - she nodded and smiled as she hugged me again - And thank you... Diego...

- You're always welcome... - I smiled and kissed her head gently.