Chapter 18 - A picture

- What... Did you just say? - I gasped as I looked at her in shock.

- You heard me well... - she muttered as she was still looking into my eyes - I love you, Diego... I always have... I was just... I was just too selfish back then and... And when you have been spending more time with work, I... Got upset... But I regretted it... I still do... And I forever will...

- Annalise...

- I know... You love her... - she groaned in a sarcastic tone - Clara Alonso... But she doesn't love you! She doesn't deserve your love...

- Why? Because you do? - I asked. I just didn't know what to do.

Does she actually still loves me?

I've suffered for so long after she left me with my child and now she comes back and confesses that she still loves me? This feels so unreal.

- Diego... - she spoke up again then she placed both hands on my cheeks and kissed me softly on the lips and I literally froze.

Why Am I so pathetic?

- I'd love to start it over... If you would too... - she said when we broke apart.

- I... I don't know, Annalise... I need time to think about it...

- As you wish... - she sighed - I'll be here for a few more days so...

- I will find my answer until then... Don't worry - I said then we headed back home.

----- TIME SKIP -----

The next morning I got a phone call from the show's director that I'll be in soon that I need to go for a meeting with him today with my partner if I found one.

At the same time when I was talking on the phone Annalise came down the stairs and just nodded at me as she went to the kitchen and I just remembered what happened last night.

After the phone call I also went to the kitchen to see Annalise and my housekeeper, Mirta talking. They know each other since Mirta was working to me at that time too.

- Ah, good morning, Sir! - said Mirta - Should I make your morning coffee?

- Yeah. Thank you - I replied - And I'm going to a meeting at 3 pm so if I don't arrive back in time you should eat the dinner without me - I said as now I was turned to Annalise.

- Okay - she nodded - And about last night...

Luckily at this moment my phone began to ring again so I went out to take it.

It was Clari which bought a smile on my face.

- Did he call you too? - she asked.

- Yes. Well... I told him about finding my partner so... - I said, smiling and I could sense she was blushing at this moment.

- Okay... Uhm... Should we meet up at 2 before the meeting?

- Sure!

- Okay... I will see you then... - she said.

- Are you okay? - I asked worriedly - You sound sad...

- Huh? A-Am I? - she muttered which showed me that I was right.

- Yes... Clari, if there is something wrong...

- I'll see you in the afternoon... - she quickly cut me off then hung up.

What was that...?

She sounded sad for some reason... I hope it's not Dominguez who did something to her because of yes then he'll regret even being born...

On the afternoon I went to see Clara and she seemed a bit stressed when I arrived.

- Are you okay, beautiful? - I asked her.

- I'm fine - she groaned - Let's just go!

Before she could go anywhere I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back in front of me.

- Clari... I know you too well... - I sighed - Tell me what's wrong...

She hesitated for a moment then got out of my grip, got her phone out of her pocket and showed me a picture....

- This is what stresses me out today... - she said and my jaw dropped when I recognized myself on the picture with Annalise from last night.