Chapter 20 - Talking

I arrived home late at night and I tried to be as quiet as possible to not to bother people in the house if they're asleep already.

I went to the kitchen to eat something when I suddenly noticed Annalise coming to me.

- You're finay home - she said with a smile - This meeting was long.

- It was - I said shortly.

- What happened?

- Nothing much... Uhm, actually there is something interesting that happened... - I said as I turned to face her and crossed my arms.

- Hm? What is it? Tell me already!

- Who took this picture of us? - I asked her as I showed her the picture that earlier Clari showed me - And don't try to lie to me!

- What? I don't know! And why would I lie?

- Because this picture first was sent to Clara from your phone - I groaned, getting angrier and angrier by every second - Why did you do that?

- I... I didn't...

- Stop lying already! I know you more than that!

- Fine! - she hissed - I sent her the picture!

- Why? Why did you do that?!

- Why?!! Because I love you, Diego! She doesn't deserve your attention and I'm your daughter's mother, damnit! You should be loving me and not some chick that...

- Don't even continue! - I cut her off - Don't even try to say anything bad of her!

- Why not? She doesn't even love you!

- You don't know that! But you don't love me either!

- I do love you!

- Do you love me, or my money now?! Or do you just want to ruin my life?! And you were the one leaving me at the first place! Now what do you want from me?!

- What's with this money thing now?! - she snapped - I don't want your money! I didn't want that back then either!

I hesitated for a second before I continued.

- You're jealous of Clara. Am I right?

- What?! Jealous?! That chick?! Oh please!

- Then why did you send her the picture?! You really do want to ruin my life, or what?!!

- I want you! We could get back together and then we could live together again! Just think about it... - she said as she touched my cheek, but I removed it quickly.

- I don't think this is possible...

- Just think about it, Diego... Because if you say no you might won't see your daughter ever again!

- What?! You can't take her away from me! - I hissed.

- Oh, I can... And I will, if you still...

Then the voice from behind her....

- What did you just say?!