Chapter 19 - Jealous Clara?

- This picture... - I mumbled then I looked at Clara in shock - This is not what it seems like...

- Eh... I wonder what it is then... - she groaned - I don't even know why am I so upset about this anyway! I have a boyfriend and you're free!

- Clari, no...

- What no? You might want to go back to your ex-wife which is undertandable since you want your daughter near you...

- Clari, please... Atleast listen me over...

- It's not even my business a-and...

- Clari, she kissed me and she told me that she regretted leaving me... - I cut her off - But I didn't do, or say anything...

- You didn't...? - she gasped, now looking at me with her beautiful green eyes sparkling from hope... I guess.

- No, I didn't... - I replied, smiling - She wants me back, but I haven't answer her since last night... But anyway... How did you get this picture??

- I got this sent to me this morning to my phone... - she replied shyly.

- Was there a phone number too?

- Uhm... Yes... - she muttered than handed me her phone and when I saw the number I got so annoyed that even Clari noticed it - What's wrong? - she asked - Who's that number belong to?

- Can you take a guess?

- Annalise?

- Exactly.

Clari sighed deeply.

- Maybe We really shouldn't be meeting so much... A-After all... This might be... Your chance to have...

She was clearly nervous and near to cry so without hesitation I pulled her into my arms and hugged her.

She wanted to pull away, but then she wrapped her arms around me and squeezed me tightly and slowly she started to calm down.

When we let go of each other I gently lifted her chin up to look into her eyes...

- Amanda important to me... But you are too... - I said while smiling softly at her - Annalise can't keep her away from me. I'll make sure of that and you shouldn't be worried about this...

She looked at me and smiled slightly.

- I love you and even though I know you might don't love me the same way yet...

- Enough, please... - she muttered, looking down - Enough...

- Okay, okay - I smiled and let go of her - But I will always love you... Never forget that! - I said as I poked her nose playfully.

She giggled and nodded slightly.

- Now... Let's go to the meeting!

- Okay! But wait...

- Huh?

She came closer to me and kissed me on the cheek softly.

- Okay... Now we can go...

I couldn't help, but being surprised as she did this, but then I just smiled and followed her to the car as we headed to the meeting, but I got so pissed off at Annalise. I'll have some things to talk about with her....