Chapter 32 - My everything

- Thank you... For protecting me... Earlier today... - said Clari when we arrived home in the evening - You really shouldn't have to, you know...

- I should have... Because I...

I suddenly didn't know what to say. I know this is not the time to say the same thing over and over again because she's heartbroken enough.

- Because... Because I can't stand him hurting you... - I said which is true, but it wasn't the full truth.

- Well, I... I appreciate your help... I really do... - she smiled, but she seemed a little sad when she said that, I don't know why.

Did she want me to say "Because I love you"?

I don't know...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Later that night I've been reading in my room, but I couldn't focus on it. Clari was in my mind the whole time.

I don't know what to do exactly.

I told her that I love her so much and I'd do anything for her, but today she seemed quite sad when I didn't say this. Maybe she does love me too?

I don't really know what's going on between us, but atleast her and Dominguez are not together anymore which makes me happy.

Anyway... I wonder what is she doing right now...

Should I check on her in her room?

Maybe I shouldn't... Maybe she's already sleeping since it's kinda late now.

I think I'll go downstairs to make some tea for myself first and then I'll see.

As I went downstairs I saw the light are on in the kitchen.

- Who is it? It can be only one person...

It was Clari.

- Ah, hey! - she smiled - What's up? Can't sleep?

- Yeah... Something like that - I replied - You too?

- Yeah - she nodded - Need anything?

- I came to make some tea...

- Then I'll make two - she smiled - If you don't mind...

- Thank you - I said as we began to talk for a few minutes while the tea got ready.

When it was ready we were about to go back to our rooms, but half way Clari grabbed my arm.

- Can you come with me to my room? - she asked as she looked up at me with begging eyes that I just couldn't say no to.

- Okay - I smiled at her as we went to her room and we continued talking there.

----- TIME SKIP -----

We were talking for hours in her bed and we were having a good time. I had her in my arms while we were chatting while I was playing with her hair softly.

After a while I noticed Clari was slowly falling asleep which made me smile. She looked so cute when she was sleeping.

I gently wrapped my arms around her body and kissed the top of her head.

Watching her sleep made me feel calmer and happier than usual. I feel happy around her and keeping her happy is my "job"... Kind of.

- My angel... - I began to whisper - My sunshine... My happiness... Being with you is my life... Living with you is something I used to dream every night and even though you might still not feel the same way... I will always love you... Because you're my everything...